Moonlight Tears

Flashback ~~ brought to you by The Best Food Fight Ever (RWBY Epi 1 Vol. 2 reference) 

Your POV

    I had a few tears running down my cheeks. I never would have imagined Gray would be this romantic. To think he chose the very place where we first met. Looking back on it now, it's been months since I became a Fairy Tail Wizard. I'm remembering all the new friends I made, my apartment, the missions I went on, and the happiness I feel seeing the smiles on the faces of those I care about. How am I supposed to tell him about Lyon when he's smiling like he's on cloud nine?

"Hey (Y/N), is something wrong?" Gray asked me in a loving tone. I composed myself to looked at him.

"Gray, there's something I have to tell you." I said, trying to prevent my voice from breaking.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." he said with anticipation. My fists were clutching on top of my thighs. I have to tell him the truth. It'll only get worse if I lied to him, even if it means dealing with the worst possible outcome: him thinking I'm a two-timer.

"Gray…I think I'm in love with you." I told him firmly. His eyes widened in shock for a moment. Suddenly, his face expression was filled with joy. His lips were curving into a huge smile. Oh no… it just slipped out of my mouth. I have to say something quick. 

"Really!? Are you serious?!" He said joyfully. It pains me more for what I'm about to say to him next.

"However, someone else loves me too. And he already asked me out on a date today." I whispered him quietly. His expression immediately turned into sadness. I could literally hear his heart break as if was glass. I'm so sorry, Gray. I kept staring and my clutched fist, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

"Is it Lyon?" he asked me. It was more of a statement than a question. I did not bother answering. 

"I see." he stated. I never felt so horrible in my entire life. First I lifted his spirits, then immediately crushed it when I mentioned Lyon. Gray gets up from his seat, pulls out his wallet, placed several jewels on the table, and turns to me.

"Thanks for letting me know. Hope you and Lyon have fun on your date." he said in a monotone voice. He was about to leave until I gripped on his wrist.

"Gray please, if you just let me explain…" I pleaded him, but he forcefully removes his wrist from my grasp.

"There's no need to explain. I'll handle this myself." he replied. He walked out, leaving me alone in the restaurant. I kept my gaze on him until he left the restaurant. What have I done…?

I lost my appetite, so I decided to head home. When I arrived, I was in tears. Telling him the truth was the hardest part I faced today. Krystal came to me and comforted me. I explained what happened on my date with Krystal. She assured me I did the right thing, even if it means harming someone I cared deeply for. Lies will soon turn into truths. And the truth would have hurt him more had I not told him. I decided to tell Lyon the same thing after we had our date...

Flashback ends ~~ brought to you by Natsu's flames (Fairy Tail reference)