Almost is Never Enough

3rd Person POV
        Master Makarov asked (Y/N) to sing a song since the crowd has been dying to hear her sing. Master Makarov assured her that they will continue the match tomorrow. Wendy (and reluctantly Chelia) agreed to heal (Y/N) and Krystal so they can perform. (Y/N) wanted both Lyon and Gray to hear her song. (Y/N) wishes Gray could somehow hear her and she can see Lyon in the sea of faces. Nevertheless, everyone insisted she'd sing. 

(Krystal sings Nathan Sykes part as she plays the piano.)

I'd like to say we gave it a try

I'd like to blame it all on life

Maybe we just weren't right, but that's a lie, that's a lie

A few woo's were heard from the audience. It encouraged (Y/N) to keep singing. As (Y/N) was snapping her fingers, the crowd join her. Lots of snapping was heard to make it sound like an echo.

And we can deny it as much as we want

But in time our feelings will show

'I love you' sayings were heard. Natsu and Lyon would have been jealous if it were not for the fact most of them were coming from girls. Gray would have done the same thing.

'Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows

Loud applause came from the crowd.

Almost, almost is never enough

So close to being in love

If I would have known that you wanted me

The way I wanted you

Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

But right here in each other's arms

Even the guilds were cheering on for the Maiden of Ice. Tears were shed at this sad song. It's so beautiful yet sad... it's bittersweet.

And we almost, we almost knew what love was

But almost is never enough

Images of her time in Fairy Tail start to appear in (Y/N)'s mind. She ponders on all the happy times she'd had in Fairy Tail. Krystal begins to sing her part of the song. 

If I could change the world overnight

There'd be no such thing as goodbye

You'd be standing right where you were

And we'd get the chance we deserve

Lily was listening in to his girlfriend's sweet voice. Samuel even admits Krystal's voice is simply magnificent. Her voice is at the right pitch. Krystal even starts to remember her happy times in Fairy Tail, especially when she's with Lily.

Try to deny it as much as you want

But in time our feelings will show

People were amazed at what a wonderful singer Krystal was. They never knew the purple fox could sing as well. This duet was perfect. (Y/N) prepares to join in with Krystal.

'Cause sooner or later

We'll wonder why we gave up

The truth is everyone knows