The middle.

{A/N} Alani is played by India Westbrooks and of course Jason McCann is Justin Bieber. Sarah is Indiana Evans. Enjoy 💘

October 26, 2014; The British Virgin Islands.
One year and two days before.
______________________________________
Alani Makao (pronounced Mah-Ki-Oh) gathered all of her belongings from her mother's house and turned back one last time to take in the breathtaking surroundings she grew accustomed to. Her whole life was spent in the water and now, all of that was about to change.

"Lani, I can't believe you're moving all the way to some foreign country. You don't know anybody there."

"I know, mama, but I have to go. Everything that I want to become is in the states. I can't stay here anymore and expect to become something bigger than this if I'm stuck in the same place."

Her mother nodded and placed both hands in her daughter's own hands. "Please be safe, beloved. We don't want anything bad to happen to you while you're not in our care. You have no family out there either. Please be careful."

Alani smiled and kissed her mother on her forehead. Then, she grabbed her belongings and packed them into the taxi cab's trunk, since she didn't have a car just yet.

"I'll be safe, mama. I love you."

Her mother shed a few tears and waved as she watched her only child get into a taxi and drive off to what could have been the last time she'll ever see her again.
.
.
.
Jason smirked and grabbed the blonde in one swift movement by her long, silky hair. "You think this is a game, bitch?" He spat and tightened his grip on her. "Huh? Is that what you think I am?!"

She shook her head no and started crying then, but he didn't care. He swung her on the sofa and shook his head. He let out a devious laugh. "You should've thought about that before you fucked with my money, slut. And to think....I thought what we had was special."

The blonde stood up slowly and tried to make her way to him but he brushed her off. "Stay over there, please. It's in your best interest to not come anywhere near me right now. I'll fuck your life up." She stopped in her tracks and placed both hands by her side. "I'm sorry, Jason...I just thought since we are married that I could-"

"You could what? Spend half my fucking bank account?" He snapped and rolled up a blunt. "I trusted you and now? Not so much. Get the fuck out my sight." He lit it up but she stayed put.

'Is she deaf now?' He thought. "What the fuck! Go! Get the hell out!" He screamed now, putting bass in his voice. She ran out of the room crying, leaving him to laugh at her. "What a pussy."
~~~
Jason smoked for what seemed like hours until he finally put it out. "I hope you feel better now that you've smoked the entire afternoon away. You even missed my family's lunch." He shrugged his shoulders and brushed past his wife of two years. It wasn't like he wanted to marry her in the first place.

"Hello? I know you heard me, Jason...this was a very important lunch and-"

He turned on his heels and grabbed her in one swift movement. "Shut up, nobody cares about your little country ass family. They judge me all of the time but forget that they were just like me at one point in time so save me the guilt trip, Sarah."

Her breathing hitched and she tried everything in her power to get away from the man that she loved but nothing worked. "I don't even know why I try with you, Jason. It's like you don't even care about me anymore."

"News flash, babycakes. I never cared about you. You were just a hot blonde to get my mother off of my back. She wanted me to get married and start a family so that's what I did."

Sarah chewed on her gums to keep from crying. All this time she thought she was living a fairytale but it was all a lie. "So you're telling me.."

"I'm telling you-" He stepped up to her then and narrowed his eyes. "That you're shit to me. Go upstairs and fix your hair or something. Isn't that what you girls do best?"

"Bite me."

She took off running towards the stairs but didn't get very far because Jason was right on her heels. When he finally caught up to her, she wailed and cried out for him to let her go but he didn't.

"Say that again, doll face. I dare you. Say that shit again and you'll be picking up your teeth from this damn carpet!" She shook violently in his hands and he threw her on the ground.

"When I get back, I want you to be ready for me in the bedroom." Jason grabbed his car keys and stomped down the stairs until he reached the front door, slamming it shut.

Sarah sat up against the wall with her knees to her chest wondering how the hell she got into this situation with this man.