The middle.

Jason
"You're home." Sarah half whispered and sat up in our king sized bed. I rubbed my temples and turned to the dresser to take off the jewelry I was wearing. She got up and wrapped her arms around my torso. "I'm sorry for making you so upset, Jason. I miss you. I miss us. I know that you said that you didn't have any feelings for me-"

"I never had feelings for you." I reassured her and she nodded. "I get that but I feel like we could still make this work between the two of us. Come on, what do you say? I need the money and your family loves the fact that we're together so why not take advantage of this situation and turn it into something good?" My phone vibrated in my hand which instantly made a smile grow on my face. "Who is that texting you?" Her voice snapped me back into reality.

"Somebody. You were saying?"

"Yeah, what do you say about the deal?" Her face lit up like a Christmas tree when she asked me this and she had a little sparkle in her eye. One that I've never seen before, not even when she looked at me and deep down that pained me because all she wanted was money. I chewed on the inside of my mouth and pulled my fist back. It made contact with her face and she fell to the ground clenching the fresh wound on her cheek.

"Your answer is no. If all you want is money then why are you still in my presence? I don't want to see you. All I want is for somebody to love me and in return I would give them the world but you? You're one fucked up person, Sarah." I laughed hysterically and she looked like she was two seconds away from running away screaming.

"It takes one to know one, Jason!" She spat back and jumped up before I could react. My phone vibrated again and nothing else mattered at that point. I unlocked it and saw it was two messages from Alani. One saying that she had made it home safely and the second was a picture of her in her front of her living room sofa. It was captioned, "before you tell me to prove it. x"

I chuckled because I probably would have told her to prove it to me. I locked the screen back up before looking back at Sarah, who's face was already turning a mixed shade of blue and purple. "Go fix your damn face and be ready for this little family lunch you set up for all of us." She ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind her.
~~~~~
"Oh, Jason! Tell me more about the company!" Sarah's mother, Ella, said in her annoying ass high pitched voice. My mother and father were across from them as well, listening on to everything that was being said. Right now, her mother was grilling me for the 1000th time about the company.

"There's nothing special that really goes on there..my dad can tell you more about it later on if you want to know." I said and motioned for my dad to help me out. He smiled at Ella and nodded. "Of course, it would be my honor to inform you. May as well since you're family as well."

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my beer. I was going to need something a lot more stronger than this to deal with them for the next hour or so. Sarah opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the door flying open and making a sound because of the bells attached to it. All of us looked over at the door in confusion but my face softened when I saw Alani walk in on her cell phone. I smiled to myself and looked down at my hands.

She walked up to the bar and sat down on one of the stools, still unaware that I was watching her. The bartender came out with a cheeky smile on his face and started talking to her about something that made her laugh. My smile quickly turned into a frown when I saw him reach across the bar and touch her arm. When he turned his back to make her a drink, I stood up from my seat and turned to my family. "Excuse me for a moment. I have to use the restroom." They all nodded and turned back to talking about whatever it was that they were saying.

I stormed over to Alani and grabbed her by the arm roughly. She looked down at my hand and then back up at me. "What the.." I frowned and stared in her eyes long and hard. "What're you doing here, Jason?" I laughed lightly and sat down beside her. "I could ask you the same thing, Alani." I gripped her arm tighter in my hand and waited until the bartender turned around to let her go.

"Oh, you have a boyfriend? I didn't know...look, I'm sorry-" I cut him off and tapped my fingers on the bar table. "Yes, she's fucking taken and I suggest you stop putting your hands on things that aren't yours." The boy shook his head and backed away slowly. "Woah, dude, it's not that serious." I laughed again. "It is that serious. If you ever touch her, if you ever even as so look at her, I will knock all of your teeth down your throat. Understand?" From the corner of my eye, I could see Alani roll her eyes, which I didn't like at all. She didn't know who she was messing with.

"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me, Alani. I'm trying to protect you from pricks like him that only want what you have in your panties." She got up and grabbed her purse. "Whatever, Jason. I'm leaving." She turned to walk away but I pulled her back to me. "I'm not finished talking to you yet. Don't you ever walk away from me while I'm speaking to you and stop all of that dramatic eye roll stuff."

She let out a huff and turned back to look at me. "What do you want? I can't even get a drink it peace. Don't you have somewhere to be?" I nodded and pointed to the table where my family was sitting. "Actually, I do have someplace to be but you need me more so I'm here with you. You want something light to drink like water? You shouldn't be drinking this early in the afternoon while you're planning on driving home by yourself."

"Jason, I'll be fine. I'm just going to go home and get some rest or something." I ran my fingers through her curly hair and pulled her to me by her neck. "Please be safe...text me when you're home? Always text me when you make it home safe. I need to know that you're safe, Alani." She nodded her head and removed my hand from her neck. "Okay. Have a good lunch with your family."

"I'll be thinking of you." I said and walked backwards to the table because i was too busy watching her leave. When I turned around, I ran right into Sarah. She smiled and grabbed my hand. "Baby..." I just looked at her while she put on this little show for the family. She leaned over my shoulder a bit and whispered in my ear. "I'm horny." I shut my eyes and let out a heavy sigh. If only it was my Alani saying these filthy words to me. She stood back up straight, waiting for my answer that never came.

I went back over to the table with the family and drank the remaining beer that was still in my glass. Sarah ran off to the bathroom mumbling something under her breath. I chuckled and pulled out my phone to text Alani.

Hey, baby x

I'm not your baby😒 what do you want? I'm not supposed to be texting and driving.

Then pull over beautiful

I'm in the middle of traffic and you want me to pull over....yeah no. Sorry. Ttyl

Pull over plz. I want to talk to you

If I pull over then I'll be beside this really hot guy that has a flat tire. I might give him a ride home because I'm feeling kinda nice today😇

Alani pull the fuck over. I'm coming to get you now.

Shit.