The middle.

12 months and 10 hours before.

Alani
      "Taste this, love." Jason said and handed me a spoon off of the counter. He was in the kitchen cooking some sort of contraption and refused to tell me what it was, even though I wouldn't know anyways. "Trust me, you'll love it. It's sweet and sour chicken. Do you have that in your country?" I rolled my eyes and took the fork from his hand and tried to look around him because he was blocking the television.

"One, you act like I'm from a whole other country or something. We have sweet and sour chicken or whatever you call it, it's just called something totally different. Two, you're standing in my way! Lauren is about to beat Jada's ass!" After I said this, I shoved the chicken in my mouth and let out a moan. "Oh my god..."

Jason smirked and took the form back from me. "Amazing, right? I know." He turned on his heels and walked back into the kitchen. "Oh and if you talk to me like that again you'll be across my knee so fast that you'll have whiplash." I attempted to ignore him and watched the rest of the Bad Girl's Club episode. This tv show was a trip. "Why are you watching this shit anyways? They're so unladylike. Why would you have sex on television knowing that everybody will see it? Then, all they do is call each other bitches and whores and sluts and fight all the time. It gets old." Jason sat on the sofa beside me and handed me a plate of food. He dug in his and watched as I repeated his action.

"I added a little hot sauce to spice it up a bit, I'm sure you don't mind." I shoved two more pieces in my mouth and sighed. "I really need a job. You need a house too because you can't stay here, fam. Also, you might want to start grocery shopping for me cause you're using up all of my groceries." Jason threw his head back in laughter and watched me closely for a few seconds before speaking up. His expression hanged drastically to one more serious.

"If that's what you want then we can go grocery shopping later. I can't have my baby girl starving over here." I looked him up and down and chuckled. "I'm not your baby girl, Jason. Your wife is at home, remember?" He chewed on his lip and then slammed his plate down on the table in front of us. When he looked up at me, his eyes were much darker and his jaw was clenched tightly. "Say it again..."

I looked at him confused and he repeated himself. "Fucking say it again, Alani. I dare you to say it again. I don't want to hurt you but baby..." He chewed on his lip. "I will." I scooted away from him and sat my plate down as well. "I said the truth. You have a wife to go back home to and-" His hand grabbed my neck in one swift movement and he yanked me to him. "Did I ask you?! Did I fucking ask you if I had a wife? I didn't. Therefore, whatever I do with her or whenever I decide to go back to her is none of your damn concern." I flinched and snatched away from him grip. I was sure that he had left a couple of bruises.

"You're going to learn how to control that little mouth of yours one day, Alani. This isn't a fucking game. If you ever talk to me like that again I will...I'll..." I cut him off. "You'll what? Beat me? Choke me to death? What? I'm not your wife, Jason. I'm not going to sit around and let you-" He grabbed me again but this time pulled me on top of him. He held me down with his arms wrapped around me and he started to kiss my neck slowly.

"Jason...J-Jay stop.." I tried to plead but it was very clear that he wasn't budging. "Shut the fuck up and take what your man is about to give you, baby."

*Slow claps* probably should've warned y'all about Jason 😂 . Or not. You'll find out sooner than later.