The middle.

Jason
         Declan sat across from me at the table with his MacBook on it, the reflection of the screen was showing in his sunglasses. "There's no evidence of the person anywhere in these pictures, Jason." He said with an irritated voice. "Well keep looking then, Declan." I said and rolled my eyes. "I swear you're fucking annoying." He said and started typing something in the computer. I shrugged and lit up my cigar. I inhaled and then exhaled the smoke into the air. "Do you think Alani misses me yet?" I asked with a grin on my face. He looked up from his computer. "Don't fucking push it."

I chuckled and stood up. "I have some places to go so you try to find whatever it is that you're looking for." He shut his laptop and stood up too. "I'm coming with you. Your crew knows something that I don't know and I bet my last dollar that they also know who did it." I opened the balcony door and walked into the main living room with him. "Doubt it. They don't know anything that I don't know. So whoever killed your father is still somewhere out there."

I smiled when I saw Alani sitting alone with a book in her hand. She was glowing and everything. "Lani." I said and she looked up from her book with a smile. I walked over to her and kneeled down beside the sofa. "Declan and I are going to where the crew is staying to see if they have any answers on to who killed his father. I figured I owed him this much since I've been lying to him this whole time." I heard Declan mumble something behind me and I smirked. "So I'll be back later. Do you need anything, baby girl?"

"No I'm good." She shrugged and looked back down at her book. I stood back up and kissed the top of her head. "Just be back before dinner and stop smoking in the house before mami beats your ass. She hates the smell of smoke." I nodded and walked out the front door with Declan. "The crew is staying in a hotel not too far from here. Julian left me his keys so we're taking his car." Declan only nodded and I clicked the unlock button on the keychain. His car lit up and unlocked. I got in the driver's seat and Declan got in the passenger's seat. "Do you even know how to drive? You seem like you had a horrible childhood so one would only assume that-" I clicked my seatbelt and started the car up. "Shut the hell up before I knock your damn teeth down your throat. I had a great childhood, thank you very much. Yours was pretty shitty from what I heard though."

I pulled off into traffic and drove across the sand to the main highway. Declan hooked his seatbelt. "Are you really talking about childhoods right now?" I sped off down the highway and tried my best to ignore him.

We were at the hotel in record time and Declan got out, slamming the door. I gritted my teeth and got out behind him. "Do you have to fucking slam doors like that?! This car is one of the best cars in the world and you're sitting here treating it like its a Toyota."

He walked ahead of me and walked in the hotel. We both got in the elevator with this old couple and I pressed the top floor number.

"Oh honey! They're so cute..I'm so glad that they're allowed to be married now." The old woman said and turned around to look at us with a smile. "How long have you two been together?" Declan and I looked at each other with narrowed eyes and then looked at the old lady the exact same way. Her husband grabbed her and shook his head. "I'm so sorry about my wife. She's not right in the head anymore." The woman hit him on the shoulder and walked to the other side of the elevator beside me. "Don't listen to him, honey. He can't remember a thing." I chuckled. "So what's your name, cutie? You got a girlfriend? Wife? Mistress? I can be that for you, sonny." She winked at me and I swear that lady grabbed a handful of my ass.

Declan held his hand against his mouth to keep from laughing out loud and the lady's husband turned to look at her. "Oh, Georgia! Leave the boy alone! You're old enough to be his great-grandma." She placed her hand over her heart and gasped. "I am not! You're older than me." The elevator opened and he walked out. "You keep telling yourself that, dear." She walked out behind him and yelled. "Slow down, you old fool! I can't walk like I used to!"

The elevator's doors shut and Declan laughed his ass off. He was damn near crying, which only pissed me off more. I glared at him. "I don't find old ladies hitting on me funny." He laughed some more. "I think it's fucking hilarious." We reached the top floor and the elevator doors opened. I walked out in front of him and walked to the room at the end of the hall. I pulled out the credit card and slid it in the door, unlocking it.

Za and Khalil were the first to be seen. They were beside the door smoking. "What's up, yo?" Za asked and took a puff, then passed it to Khalil. "Declan has something to ask y'all." I walked in the living room part and sat beside Alfredo and whatever girl he had over here. She was pretty but she wasn't Alani so she didn't interest me that much.

"What is it?" Khaki asked while blowing out a pile of smoke. Declan leaned against the door and put his hands in his joggers' pockets. "I need your help on finding out who killed my father." Khalil put his hand to his heart and gasped. "Ah shit, a Kelly is asking for our help?" Declan rolled his eyes but nodded anyways. Addis walked out the bathroom and looked Declan up and down. "What the fuck you want?"

"For you to sit your ass down over here and get the fuck out his face." I said. Addis sucked his teeth and walked to the chairs, where he sat down. I motioned for Oliver to come to me. He did so and stood behind me. "What's up, boss?" I motioned towards Declan and lit up another cigar. "Take Declan here to your stash of weapons. He'll need a powerful one like me because like myself, Declan is a leader." Oliver nodded and walked off to the other side of the room. Declan followed him with his hands in his pockets still. "I have a plan."

"So do I but I'm not telling you it." I told him and took a puff of my cigar. He smirked and I let out a puff of air. "I was so fucking serious." He pulled out his phone and started typing something in. "I'm calling my crew down here. We're going to find out who killed my father if it's the last thing I do."

Za pulled out his tablet and started typing something as well. Then, less than two minutes later, he walked over to me and dropped it in my lap. "Ain't this about a bitch." I looked down at what he was talking about and damned near choked. Za took his tablet back and gave me a slight nod. "We can show him better than we can tell him, that's for sure."

I chuckled. "Damned right. Yo, Declan," I said. "Call your crew. It's time to kick some ass."

[who do y'all think the killer is? And ooooh Declan's squad bout to squad back up again 👀 hmmm]