The middle.

Alani
"She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping beside you." Sarah said in a whisper. I kept my eyes closed and felt Jason's hands tighten their grip on me. His whole crew all piled in the living room watching some movie while I was trying to sleep. "Sarah, tell me something." He said and rubbed my back softly. I was currently laying on my side on the sofa while he talked to Sarah. "Yeah?" She said. Jason sighed. "What did I do to deserve this woman? This child? This life?" Sarah laughed at her husband. "You didn't do anything, baby. That's the thing. I would've never thought in a million years that you would be in love with someone else but you found her...I knew from the beginning that she was the one for you."

Jason chuckled too. "Exactly. I was always the one saying how much I didn't want kids or anybody in general because I couldn't trust anyone but Alani...I want her." Sarah nodded. "I get that.."

I stretched my arms out and sat up on his the sofa. He looked me in the eyes and continued to hold me close to him. "Why are you holding me down like I'm a dog?" I questioned and pushed his arm away. "Move." He sighed and scooted away from me. "I was holding you because you looked cold and besides, you didn't tell me to move either." I stood up. "Because I was asleep, asshole!"

Sarah glared at me. "Hey, Jason is trying here." I rolled my eyes. "He's trying alright. Trying my fucking last nerve." Addis laughed and covered his face with the pillow. "Get out of here, yo."

Sarah walked out mumbling something and Jason reached for my hand but I snatched it away quickly before he even had the chance to touch it. "I want to take you out somewhere." He frowned and pulled his hand back. "Nah, no thanks. I'm just gonna go to bed after I watch tv or something." I grabbed the remote from the glass table in front of us.

"You're just trying to spoil me into staying here with you and that's obviously not going to happen so you can just stop-" He cut me off. "I can do whatever the fuck I want to do, you have the game fucked up, baby girl. You see, I let the fact that you're with that bitch's child go. I really did try to be nice to you because of it but now, since you want to be so irritable, I'm done playing nice. Get your shoes on and come on. I'll be waiting for you in the car."
___________________________________
Jason drove down the busy highway focused only on the road. He hadn't said anything to me since we got in the car but I really wasn't complaining at all.

"Where are we even going? You never told me." I asked. He gave me the side-eye. "Don't fucking worry about it. Just know that you're going out with me. Shouldn't that be all that matters anyways?" He continuously gripped the steering wheel in his palms. "I was just asking, dang. No need to be so aggressive."

He laughed. "Baby, you haven't even seen my aggressive side yet." Now was my chance to play with him a little. "You sure? I think I have, Jason." I smiled and ran my fingers through his messy blonde hair. He squirmed a little in his seat but kept his composure nonetheless. "Stop." He demanded and removed my hand from his head. "Why? I may as well get some type of enjoyment if I'm going to be staying here with you, right?"

He groaned but continued to drive. "Wait until we're back home then, Alani." I shook my head no and placed my hand on his upper thigh. "No, I want you, Jason." He sped up a little and looked down at my hand. "That's not fucking good enough, Alani." I chewed on my lip. "Jason, I need you." He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "No...you're..you're just saying that. You don't need me. You want Declan. You love him."

I shook my head no. "I love you, Jason. I want to be with you now." He slightly smiled and pulled into the parking lot of some abandoned park. "The windows are tinted so no one will see us." I nodded, unbuckled my seatbelt, and jumped in his lap. "Great." Jason pulled me down to meet his face and kissed me roughly. "I haven't touched you in so long.." His hands roamed my body and landed just above my butt. "I know." I said teasingly and ran my fingers through his hair. "You should probably change that."