The middle.

Alani
My legs were killing me and my feet felt like they were being squeezed by someone 10x my size. I was sure by now that I had walked over 3 miles in the forest and there didn't seem to be any sign of the road from where I was standing either. Even through all of this, the only thoughts that clouded my mind were ones of Jason McCann. As odd as it sounded, I missed him. We didn't know each other that well but it was enough for me at the time. Before everything happened.

Without another thought, I took out my phone and called the one person that I met here that wasn't completely delusional and messed up in the damn head. After three rings, Blake picked up the phone.

"Hey, Alani, what's up?" He said in his sleepy voice. I don't blame him for being asleep either because of the jobs that we both had to do every day. "Can you come and pick me up? I don't know where I am because I'm in the woods but-"

He sighed softly. "Sure, love bug. Do you remember any road signs or anything that'll lead me to where you are? Or can you find the road by any chance?" I shook my head no like he could actually see me. "No, I only remember us turning on a dirt pile after we kept straight from my apartment building." He chucked. "Us? You were with a man, mami? Oooh wait until I see your beautiful, chocolate ass!" I smacked my teeth and started walking again. "Nah, I'm just kidding, Lani Del Beautiful. I'm putting on my clothes as we speak."

I raised an eyebrow. "The fuck you mean you're putting on clothes?" He started laughing on the other end and I gasped. "And you tried to get on me for being with somebody! You're the hoe!" Blake died down his laughter a little. "I'm on my way now, girly. You want me to stay on the phone with you or are you just going to judge me on my sex life again and call me a hoe again?"
~~~
Blake flipped on the light switch and immediately started rummaging through piles of paperwork on the coffee table. I giggled at his nervousness and jumped on his bed beside while he continued to clean. "You don't have to clean up on account of me being here, you know. You're the one doing me a favor so who would I be to judge you?"

He just half smiled and continued cleaning. "Well, I've been procrastinating on cleaning this place for awhile now. I guess you being here actually gives me a reason to tidy up a bit. Besides, I've always wanted a roommate to fight with over my filthy ways so feel free to criticize me at any time if the clutter becomes too much for ya." He flashed me another wicked smile and walked back into the kitchen to check on our tea. I followed behind him silently.

"What's on your mind, buttacup?" He asked and turned around quickly to take the pot off of the stove. I just shrugged. "I guess you can say I'm having guy problems." Blake's eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas and he clapped his hands together softly. "See this, this is what I can talk to you about. What's been going on?" He poured me a cup of tea and then pour the last little bit for himself.

"Well, Jason, that's his name. He's very...peculiar. It's like he's toxic. A drug even. Even his name feels like honey being poured on your tongue but also like a knife in your throat. He's rain on an already bad day, but the sun in a natural disaster. Hell, Jason is the natural disaster. It's like he always has to be in control...which is ironic because that's what his job is. To be in control." Blake sat there listening to me ramble on with his head in his hands. Then, he sipped his tea. I cleared my throat, waiting for his response.

"Well," He started. "Is Jason gay or straight?"

I covered my mouth to hide a giggle but from the look on Blake's face, he was serious. "He's straight. I'm positive." He nodded his head and sat down his cup. "Then you have a chance with him. What does he do anyways? He's a porn star, isn't he?" I rolled my eyes. "No, worse." He gasped dramatically. "He's a pharmacist?" I shrugged. "Well,"

"Oh my god he's a street pharmacist!" Blake shouted and jumped out of his chair. I frowned. "He's the leader of a mafia.." I whispered to myself, or at least I thought I did. His eyes widened and he shook his head. "Oh no, girl. I see why you're over here with me. You stay here as long as you need to." I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest. "I just need some place to stay for a couple weeks...just in case he comes to my apartment." He chewed on his bottom lip. "I have an idea.."

I motioned for him to continue. "Why don't you come with me to my parent's house this weekend? My mom loves you already because of your designs from last week and I'm sure the rest of the family would just eat you up. It'll help you stay away and take your mind off of Jaxon."

"It's Jason." I said quickly and instantly regretted it. "But yes, I'll go."