The middle.

Alani
         "Fucking hell!" Jason yelled and held his hands up in defense but I wasn't stopping. I continued to wail on him with my fists and he continued to try and block them. "Alani, stop!!" He screamed louder but there was no stopping me. "You broke in my damn house and you're going to tell me to stop?! No!" I put some bass in my voice and punched him square in the face while trying to hold the towel that I wrapped around me up. He stood there wiping blood from his nose and looked at me with all the rage he had been holding in.

"I just needed....to make sure....you were....okay." He said in between breaths and held his chest. Both of us were breathing hard and it didn't help that the bathroom was steaming. "Why should you care? You clearly have everything you need right there with you at home so why should it matter if I'm okay or not? Huh? You came here to see who that man was on the phone, didn't you? You don't give a shit about me!"

Jason held his jaw in his hand and smirked. "You're right. I came to beat his fucking ass, whoever he is. But he wasn't here so I stayed. I stayed to see you once again because baby girl I can't be without you. Not talking to you and seeing your beautiful face every day makes me go insane. My mind is always focused on you, even in situations where it shouldn't be. I can't control how I feel about you." I laughed loudly. "Shit, I can. I can tell you that I honestly don't feel anything for you."

That had to hurt him.

He just stood there with a smile on his face. "Alani, baby girl, I know you feel everything for me. You love me, Ma. You hate me too. And that's okay." He nodded. "You'll love me fully someday but because we have all these situations going on, you can't. But you will."

I shook my head no. "You need to leave, Jason. Now. Before I call the cops-" Before he could respond, the front door opened and then closed. Then, Blake's voice boomed throughout the entire apartment. "Boo boo! I got your wings and ranch! Which is disgusting because I hate ranch but since you like it..." He trailed off and walked into the bathroom where Jason and I was. "Oh am I interrupting um..something here?"

Jason turned and faced Blake. "The fuck does it look like?! Who the hell are you! Alani, this the son of a bitch you've been cheating on me with?" He grabbed Blake by his collar and got face to face with him. "Woah there, honey bunches of oats." Blake said with an amused look on his face. "Alani is a beauty and all but I don't roll that way. I'm strictly dickly." Jason slowly released Blake, who continued to smile.

"Well you, my good man, must be the infamous Jason McCann." He said and extended his hand out to Jason, who looked at it and then crossed his arms over his chest. "Well aren't you a pocket full of sunshine." Blake mumbled. "How do you know Alani?" Blake shrugged and walked over to me, embracing me in a tight hug. "Are you okay, baby? Did the bad man hurt you?" I giggled. "Nope. I beat the shit out of him." Jason looked at both of us. "I asked you a question."

Blake raised his eyebrow. "We met at work if you must know. My mother owns a fashion company, the highest ranking one to be exact, and Alani is one of our best designers. She's my bfftd." Jason narrowed his eyes. "And what the fuck is that?"

"Best friend forever till death," Blake put his hands on his hips. "Duh." I walked out of the bathroom with both of them on my heels. "Let me get dressed." They both looked at each other but then got the memo. "You're going to leave me with a thug? Do you even love me at all?!" Blake huffed and marched out of my room. Jason sucked his teeth and walked out behind him.

Jason
        "Sooooo.." Alani's friend said and sipped his tea from an all black mug. "How did you and my bestie meet? She's told me a lot of stuff about you already so if you lie then I'll know it." I chuckled and leaned back into the chair. He leaned in closer to listen. "We met when I saved her from getting a parking ticket and having her car being towed away." He nodded and sat down his tea cup. "Mhm, I guess that's good and all."

"What's your name, kid?" I asked. He smiled brightly. "Blake Kelly, Mr. Jason McCann. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand again for me to shake and I took it firmly in mine. "Likewise." Alani came out in a long t-shirt with nothing underneath. I chewed on my bottom lip and watched as she walked out in front of us to get to the kitchen. "Damn, mami! You look hot in my brother's shirt!"

I glared at Blake, who realized what he said, and sipped some more of his tea. Alani just laughed and came back in the living room with a bottle of water. "Shut up, asshole. You know this is my shirt you brought from TopShop when you got your boots." He rolled his eyes and grabbed a hot wing from the box. "Whatever, you never let me have any fun. I was just messing with Jason here to loosen him up."

"I'm not one to be played with." I snapped back and stood up. "I don't fucking have time for this." Blake grabbed a napkin and wiped his mouth. Then, he pulled me back down. "Oh stop being such a sour pussy. I have a brother but he's in London at the moment." Alani put down her hot wing and shook her head. "No...he's here. I talked to him this morning." Blake gave her a "you're not helping much" look.

I glared at her now. "You're only doing this to get back at me for what happened at my house." She shrugged and continued to eat. "Okay, I got it. I understand what I have to do now." I said sharply and walked towards the door. Both of them were on the sofa now watching something on tv and cracking up laughing. I yanked the door open, walked out, and then slammed it shut.

-Blake is portrayed by Cody Christian.