The middle.

Jason
We walked hand in hand up the steps and to the front door of my house. I froze before opening the door. "Alani, are you positive that you're ready for all of this? We can go back if-" She cut me off. "Open the door, Jason." I nodded and unlocked the door, opening it for her to go in first. When we walked in, I was immediately hit with the smell of smoke and vanilla. Za and Alfredo had to be here somewhere.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes went everywhere. She looked like a little kid in a candy store and it was the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life. "This is my house." I whispered from behind her and placed my hands on her waist as she walked around. She looked up at the huge chandelier in the middle of the foyer and gasped. "Jason...it's beautiful! How did you even decorate this?"

"I didn't. My wife did." I said nonchalantly and grabbed her by the hand. "I have some people I want you to meet, baby girl. They're my best friends and business partners." She just nodded and we walked up the marble staircase to the first door on the right. I quickly opened it and saw Za with some bitch on top of him. Alani giggled and he turned around, throwing the girl off of him.

"Oh shit! Jason, you didn't tell me you were going to be back so early, nigga!" He pulled his joggers up and ran over to us. "Who is this fine ass woman here? Damn, what's your name?" He licked his lips and looked her up and down. I cleared my throat and pulled her to my side. "This is Alani, my girl." He got the hint and nodded slowly. "Oh, well, I'm Xavier but everybody calls me Za." She shook his hand and smiled.

"I'm Alani, everybody just calls me Alani. I don't have a nickname or anything that's cool like that." His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh shit, you're an island gal?" He said, trying to mimic her accent. I rolled my eyes and laughed. She nodded. "Yeah..."

"I'll have a nickname for you by the time I see you again, Alani." He said and went back over to the random girl. I shut his door and turned to look at her. "Sorry about that. Za is kind of..." She smiled. "Out there?" I just nodded and walked with her down the hallway to the next room. "This is Alfredo's room. He's never here but.." I knocked on the door lightly and heard movement behind the door. I take it he was home today.

He came to the door with no shirt on and his hair was messy. "What's up?" His eyes traveled from me to Alani and he grinned like an idiot. "This her?" I nodded and allowed him to shake her hand. "I'm Alfredo, it's nice to finally meet you, Alani. Jason here can't stop talking about you." She smiled and looked up at me. "Oh is that so?"

I looked everywhere but at her and they engaged in small talk. From the corner of my eye, I could see a woman in a white robe walking up the other side of the stairs. I cursed under my breath and looked back at Alfredo. "What the fuck is she doing here? I thought I told y'all to get rid of her."

By the time I said this, Sarah was already up the stairs and standing behind us. "Honey, you're home." She smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist.