The middle.

Four weeks later (3 months before the beginning)
Alani
"Do you have all of your stuff?" Jason asked me and picked up my bags. I nodded and checked my room one last time before shutting the door. I was most definitely going to miss being here with my family but I had to get back to my own home. Blake and the others left a day before we did and I was somewhat happy for that because I get to see my best friend when I get back home.

We walked down the steps and Mami was down there waiting for us. She wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly. "Oh, baby, I loved having you home. Please come back like this more often because we really enjoyed it." Dad nodded and hugged me next. "Don't let me have to come up to the states and whoop some ass, Lani. You know I will." He said with a smile and let me go. Next was Acciah. I leaned down and hugged him even though he protested. "Um what're you doing? I don't like hugs." He pushed me off of him and then shrugged. "Oh what the hay, why not." He wrapped his arms around me again and hugged me tightly. That was definitely a first. "I'll miss you, big head." I patted his head. "I'll miss you too, bigger head." I hugged Akani next and he kissed me on the cheek. "I love you sister." I kissed him back. "I love you brother."

I stood back up and got in front of Ashika. She pouted and hugged me. "I miss you already, Lani." We didn't let each other go for awhile. She was who I was closest to out of all of my siblings and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stay mad at my baby sister. She let me go and wiped her tears. I reached up and wiped mine too, careful not to mess up my makeup too much. "Make sure you call me as soon as you get home." I nodded and touched Jason on the shoulder. "You ready?" He nodded and my father shook his hand. "It was a pleasure to meet you, sir." Jason said. Dad nodded. "Take care of my baby, Jason. I can tell that she really likes you by the way she looks at you."

Jason smiled and picked up my bags again. "Let's go, love." I nodded and opened the door for him, looking back at my family. "Bye, Lani!" They all yelled and waved. I waved back and then ran to them one last time for a group hug. We all hugged and said our goodbyes. Then, I went out the door and shut it behind me. Julian popped the trunk of his car and threw his some of his clothes and other items he decided to take with him in there. "I can't believe I'm moving to the states!"

Jason put my stuff in the trunk of his car and shut it. "You'll love it. I have a house and everything for you when you get there. You'll be working for me so make sure I see you first thing Monday morning for your assignment." Julian got in the car and beeped the horn. "Sure thing, boss!" He pulled out of the yard and drove around the house towards the road.

"And then there were two." I said and stood in front of Jason while he leaned against the car. He reached down and rubbed my baby bump. "Pregnancy suits you. You're glowing." I smiled and kissed his lips. "Maybe someday I'll be carrying your baby." He reached in between us and grabbed my hands. "Promise?" I nodded. "Maybe."

[just a short filler chapter cause the stuff in the beginning is about to start happening.]