The middle.

Jason
        "Get in." I shoved her a little and opened the door of my Audi. "Go on, get in." I said again and pushed her a little more. She sighed and got in the car. I slammed the door behind her and got in the driver's seat. "Are you hungry? You look like you haven't eaten in years." I asked while turning on the car and pulling out into the highway. "No I'm fine." She said, clearly lying by the way she was fidgeting in her seat. She played around with her fingers and didn't look up at me once.

"Baby girl, you act like I'm a stranger. You've been with me before so nothing should feel awkward or anything. I fixed up a house for us and everything just like you wanted before." I said and grabbed her hand with my free one, making sure to keep the other one on the steering wheel. "We can stop somewhere to get some food in you and then I'll take you home." Her eyes lit up for a split second and she looked up at me. "With my friends? And Declan?"

I quickly slammed on brakes and turned to face her. "You're not fucking seeing Declan again, you understand me?! Fuck, why can't you just listen to me for once in your life! I'm trying my fucking best to be there for you while you're recovering and how do you repay me?! You want to go back to Declan. Well guess what, Alani? Declan doesn't fucking want you anymore." I snapped and placed my foot on the gas again. I had to be going at least 100 now.

"That's not true.." She mumbled and looked out the window. "They're going to realize that I'm gone and he'll come and save me. He loves me." I felt my blood start to boil and before I could think about it, I backhanded her in the face. She let out a painful shriek and held her hand to her cheek. She started to full on sob then and leaned as far away from me as possible. "Shut that shit up, Alani."

"No!" She screamed and unhooked her seatbelt. "Let me out! Now!" She yelled again and grabbed the steering wheel of the car. "Alani stop!" I growled and pushed her away from me and the steering wheel. She gave me a death glare and charged at me with her fists. "Shit! Stop punching me before I hurt you!" I yelled at her but she kept on punching me in the head. "You'll never have me like Declan has me! He's my boyfriend and you're not! At least I have a real family with him! What can you give me?! You're a fucking man that already has a wife so what do you need me for!" I roughly pushed her into the door and punched her in the face. She fell against the dashboard and turned her head slowly to look at me. "That's the best you got?"
~
"Sir, what has happened?" Our new recruit, Malcolm, asked in his thick African accent. He ran behind the gang and I to the living area where Oliver was preparing weapons. "Let's see...he shot her. kidnapped her, and physically beat the shit out of her in the car." Za said and pushed through the double doors. "What the hell were you thinking, Jason?" Alfredo was right on his heels with a frown on his face. Bryce crossed his arms over his chest and stared at me with an expression of disbelief, as did Khalil. "You're a dumbass, you know that?" He said and sat down on one of the chairs. Everybody nodded, even the newbie. "With all due respects sir..you are. You shot the girl and you were looking for her, correct? We found you the girl and you shot her, kidnapped her, and beat her up-"

Alani cut him off. "He didn't beat me up, clearly." Alfredo laughed and nodded. "True, she did rough him up a little too so she didn't just take it."

Sarah came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Jason didn't mean to shoot Alani. He was aiming for her lover. It isn't his fault, ok? He has a whole lot of stress on him right now with the baby in the picture now-" I snatched away from Sarah and scowled at her. "Why the fuck would you say that?" She looked scared and backed away from me slowly. "I-I'm sorry..."

Alani shook her head and sat down on the sofa beside Za. "Congratulations, Sarah. I'm sure Jason will be one hell of a father." She said sarcastically and crossed her arms over her chest. "Can I go now?" Alfredo sucked his teeth. "Sarah isn't pregnant, you're pregnant."

Alani's eyes widened and she looked down at her belly. "I'm not...I would've known if I was." I sat on the arm of the chair beside her and sighed. "You're almost two weeks pregnant. I read your medical files before I got you from the hospital and it said that you were. I wasn't going to tell you because-" She cut me off. "Because you were going to kill the baby.." She mumbled and ran her hands over her stomach. "It's Declan's, isn't it?"

"Hell yeah." Za said, clearly amused about the situation. Alfredo held back his laughter with his hand and hit Za in the arm. "It's not fucking funny." I said and motioned for them to leave. They quickly stood up and ran for the door. Leaving only Alani, Sarah, and I.

"We're going to raise the baby here, Alani." Sarah said with a smile and rubbed my shoulders. I moaned softly. "He or she will be the next leader of the mafia so don't worry about it being killed or anything in your sleep. Jason was kind enough to not care who the father was."

"I didn't ask you to talk to her so please do me a favor and don't." I said to Sarah and she nodded slowly. "I'll take Alani to her room of you want me to while you work?" She walked over to Alani and grabbed her by the arm but Alani wouldn't move. "Don't put your damn hands on me. Haven't you learned from your husband over there? Y'all got the right one now. That old Alani you used to know is dead and gone. I refuse to just sit here and let you kill my family."

I almost laughed. "Family? Your family? Alani, baby, I am your family. You're with me now and I'm not letting you go this time." She crossed her arms over her chest with a frown. "Declan will come and get me sooner or later. You can't just keep me here against my will and you're stupid if you think they won't find me."

I motioned for everybody to leave us and waited until they were gone to sit beside my baby girl. "Baby, listen to me-" She rolled her eyes. "Don't fucking roll your eyes at me. Look at me." I grabbed her chin and snatched her head around so that she was looking me in the eyes. "You're going to stay here with me from now on, ok? I'm not letting you out my sight again. I love you too much to lose you." Her eyes started to glisten with tears and she shook her head no. "You don't love me...you don't.."

"I do." I grabbed her and pulled her into me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to my chest with my chin on her head. "Just give me a chance, Alani. That's all I'm asking you. I won't hurt you again. I want to be with you and I know deep down that you want to be with me too."

She just blinked without saying a word. "You're my love, ok? I can't lose you. I refuse to let you go." I grabbed her and kissed her head. She didn't move away nor did she try to fight me back. I finally had my baby back.