The middle.

11 months and two days before.

Jason
"Alani, get the fuck in here!" I screamed and threw the stack of photos down on the glass table. She walked in the living room on the phone and was giggling a little too hard. I stood in front of her and snatched it out of her hand. "Who are you talking to? I'm trying to talk to you and you're sitting here giggling like a little ass girl on the phone!" I hung the phone up and slammed it against the wall. She threw her hands in the air and let out a loud scream. "Who are you to be throwing my shit?!" I chuckled and picked up the pictures from her photoshoot off of the table.

"What're these, huh? You like whoring around for other people but when I touch you it's a damn problem? You're in fucking lingerie." I threw the pictures at her and took slow, deep breaths. Alani grabbed them from off of the floor and shook her head no. "You know it's not even like that, Jason. I had to do a test shoot for my new job because they wanted to see how I would style certain things and-" I cut her off. "I don't care who they're for! I don't want you showing other people what belongs to me."

I bit my lip and looked her up and down. She was wearing a pink, silk robe and white slippers. "You don't know what I want to do to you right now...I would fuck your life up for taking pictures like that. You wouldn't be able to stand for months when I was finished with you." She rolled her eyes and placed the pictures back in this little folder. "Whatever you say, Jason. Whatever you say."

"Say it again, I dare you to say it again." I said with a devious grin on my face. She crossed her arms over her chest and let out a tiny huff. "Whatever you say, like I said. You heard me the first time so how many times would you like me to repeat it?"

Before I could think about it, I bolted towards her quickly and scooped her up in my arms. This was a first of many times that I hadn't physically hurt someone for talking to me that way or even standing up for me. Maybe this is what I needed in the first place.

"Okay."

She looked up at me with a shocked expression and watched me closely. "Okay? That's all that you got?" I nodded and carried her down the hall to her bedroom, where I placed her on the bed. "Yep that's all I got. I don't have the energy to argue with you and besides, I've got much better things in mind."

"What's that?"

"Oh wouldn't you like to know?" I smiled and flipped the light switch off, leaving us in complete darkness since her apartment didn't have a bedroom window in it. I shut the door behind me and turned back around to face her in one swift movement. "You do understand that you're in trouble, correct?"

She backed away from me slowly and fell backwards on the bed. I chuckled loudly and watched as she tried to get as far away from me as possible. "J-Jason...listen," I cut her off. "Nope. There's nothing left to say, baby girl. I'm already so hard for you-" I pulled her up from the bed and placed her in front of me, my front to her back. "Feel that, baby? I can-"

My phone started ringing in my pocket, totally ruining the mood for me. I sighed heavily and pulled it out of my pocket to see that it was my father calling me. I motioned for her to stay quiet with my finger and I answered the phone. "Hello?.....no I'm not in the office....how should I know?"

Alani watched me from the bed with her knees to her chest. "I don't know, father. Why don't you ask those dumbasses that work for you where all the money went? You trust all of them more than me anyways." She stood up and walked back over to me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Look, I'm busy with something right now. We can talk about this on Monday when-" She started trailing kisses down my face, starting with my ear and ending right in front of my Adam's Apple. "Shit..." My breathing hitched and she looked up at me in amusement. I gave her a death glare and continued my conversation. "No, father. I'm not with Sarah. I'm not going to be home for a couple of days.."

Alani grabbed me through my shorts and wrapped her legs around my waist, jumping up on me herself. I held her with one hand and continued my conversation. "Father, I really have to go..."

She giggled and grabbed the phone out of my hand. "Sorry, sir, your son is a little preoccupied right now." I heard my dad say something on the other end and then she hung up and flung it somewhere behind the bed. I chewed on my lip and wrapped my arms around her tightly. "I don't know whether I should be pissed off that you messed up a very important business conversation or turned on because you refuse to wait."

"How about both?" She whispered in my ear and jumped down to start taking off her clothes. I leaned against the dresser and watched closely as she started to strip off everything but her bra and panties. "Fuck, you wear that shit to bed?" She only nodded and pulled her hair up in a bun. "Yeah, it makes me feel good about myself. So I wear lingerie to bed."

"Get over here." I grabbed her by the hand and yanked her to me. Then, I placed a sweet kiss on her lips. Not too demanding and not too soft, just right. "Jason, take me now. I don't want to wait any longer for you."