The middle.

Jason
       "Stay over there and don't talk to anybody, got me? Just sit over there and do absolutely nothing." I told Alani with a straight face. I was so serious. She shrugged her shoulders and sat on one of the bar stools close to the exit. "Yessir." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the front desk where Charlotte, my dad's receptionist, sat at gossiping about another one of her coworkers again. She quickly hung up the phone and sat upright when she saw me standing there.

"Mr. McCann, your father is expecting you." I gave her a slight nod and walked over to the big silver elevator. When I got to the top floor, my father was right there to greet me with opened arms. "Ah, my son. You've finally arrived back to work. Did everyone show you the respect you-"

I cut him off. "Let's get this over with, okay? I have business to take care of." We walked into his office and he slammed the door shut. "Your business better not be with that nigg-" I cut him off again. "Call my baby out of her name and I'll fuck your life up, father. With all due respect of course." I falsely smiled and sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "You're fucking that?" He asked and pulled out a cigar.

"And if I am? What the fuck does that have to do with you?" I snatched one out of his box and lit it up. "Well, we wanted you to marry Sarah for a reason so I don't understand why you would have to go out and get one of those when you have a beautiful wife at home."

"A wife who does nothing for me, dad. She isn't smart, she isn't a joy to be around, and all she wants is my money. Her damn accent makes my ears bleed also." He chuckled and sat down in his chair. "Your little whore has an accent, son. If I'm not mistaking, she's the same little whore that tried to get a job here and called me a bastard."

I jumped out of my chair and nearly on top of the desk. He gasped and stood up from his as well. "Why are you so fascinated with this...this woman?!" He yelled and stood face to face with me. "This meeting has nothing to do with Alani, father. I would appreciate it if you left my life out of the company business. I do what I want and as I please and right now, I just so happen to be doing Alani."

He tried to punch me but I caught his fist and pushed it away from me. "Now, the business. What is it that you had to tell me?" He fixed his tie and leaned against the desk. "The company is now yours. I'm stepping down. This weekend, I was planning on celebrating by hosting a party for all of the company to join us and celebrate the new CEO."

I was in complete shock. I knew he wanted to leave me the company but I didn't know it was going to be this soon. He patted me on the back with a smile. "Just remember, Jason. Your image is everything. Congratulations, my son. The company is yours." He handed me the keys to his office and his Porsche.
                              ~~~~
Alani
       Jason grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the chair quickly. He barged through the group of people that were in front of the door and stopped when we were outside. He looked pretty pissed but I didn't want to press my luck on this one. "Jason, you want to talk about it, baby?" I asked and rubbed my hand along the tattoos on his arm.

He snatched away from me. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me you met with my father? Huh?" He raised his voice and got face to face with me. I backed away from him with a frown. "Because it wasn't that important for me to tell you about it-" He cut me off. "Bullshit. I'm going to ask you one more time and if you lie to me I swear.."

I chewed on the inside of my lip. "Alani, why didn't you tell me you met with my father before? Is that where you were coming from the day you almost got a ticket?" I slowly nodded and he threw his hands in the air. He was hysterical. "Of fucking course!" Some people that were walking by looked at us funny but continued to walk by. He pulled me by my hair and threw me in the car. Before I could get out, he locked the door and got in himself.

"Who's car is this?" I asked, holding my head that was pounding now because of it being slammed against the seat. My lip was bleeding also. He ignored me and sped off into traffic. "Jason..I'm sorry.." I mumbled and looked out of the window. He mumbled something and clenched the steering wheel. "What?" I asked.

He chuckled and pressed on the gas more. We had to be going at least 120 on the highway. "I said I don't give a fuck about you being sorry, Alani. Never hide anything from me again, got it? I don't care what it is." I just nodded and wiped some of the blood off of my lip with the back of my hand but he smacked it away and started wiping it with his thumb. "I'm sorry for throwing you in the car. It's just that sometimes..." He trailed off and looked ahead.

I slowly reached for his hand that was now in his lap. He didn't pull back when I touched him so I took this as a good sign. I grabbed his hand in mine and held it tightly. "Why do you get so angry sometimes? It's like one minute you're okay and happy and then..." He pulled off the road and started to slow the car down. We were in the woods.

Oh shit, he's trying to kill me.

Jason unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to face me. "What I'm about to show you is...it's pretty bad. I understand if you want to leave me after this. I'm not good for you." I unbuckled mine as well and looked up to see where we were. We were in front of a huge mansion in the trees. "Jason, what's in that house?"

"Get out. We're going in."

Y'all get double updates today since I been MIA for awhile .. I've been focusing on school but now that we're finally on holiday I get to post for y'all! ❤️