The middle.

[Happy Friday! Also, I don't know why my reads and stuff aren't loading on this book and King Justin 😒 I literally had to log out and log back in just so everything would load properly. And then when I did they didn't show any reads for my books so. Idk. Wattpad needs to fix their stuff on the phones cause this is ridiculous. Anyways, enjoy the updates. ]

Alani
Jason pulled out the chair for me and I sat down. He pushed it up to the table and then took the seat next to mine. Blake sat across from me and Flynn was on his right, Declan was on his left beside Dayja. Ashika and Acciah were both on our side of the table and Julian and Akani were across from them. My mother sat at one end and then my father sat in his chair at the head of the table.

"Aye ma, what's for dinner?" Acciah asked and reached for the food. My dad slapped his hand away and glared at him. "Mhm, that's why you're sitting beside me now because you can't be trusted. You know good well we say grace first around here." Acciah sucked his teeth and sat back in the chair. Mami was about to say something but dad held his hand up. "And since you want to suck your teeth, you're going to say the grace. Next time you suck them at me you'll be tasting them down your throat."

Blake snickered and Flynn hit his leg under the table. Acciah nodded, clearly scared of my dad. "Aight y'all, bow y'all head or whatever." My father cleared his throat and Acciah continued. "God, thank you for providing this meal for all of us and thank you for Mami because she made it. Thank you for bringing the white people to our family dinner and thank you for Alani's new baby," I opened my eyes wide and Mami threw her hands in the air. "Aww shit there it is." Julian mumbled under his breath and Acciah continued with his hands in the prayer position. "Thank you God for not letting Ashika cook dinner like she did last week cause that cornbread was dry and the soup was way too salty. Man, I ain't even know soup could be salty." Jason snickered beside me and I hit his leg, motioning for him not to egg him on. "Thank you for my brothers and sisters. Even though I don't like Akani cause he's just a little girl-" Akani interrupted him. "No I not!"

Mami shushed him. Acciah continued. "And lastly, thank you for Dayja being here cause she is mighty, mighty fine. Amen." He opened his eyes to everybody staring at him. Julian gave him a high five. "He ain't lying."

Dad tapped his fingers on the table and stared a hole in Acciah's head. Oh he had done it now. "Boy, I'm not even going to begin on where you went wrong with that." He said and pulled the plastic coverings off of the food. "You all enjoy and please excuse my son, who's about two seconds from getting knocked up them stairs there."

Acciah was the first one to reach for the food. Like always. He grabbed his piece of chicken first and handed it to Jason. "You my sister new boyfriend, huh? I guess I gotta give you the same speech I gave the other white boy. I'm cool with y'all or whatever but don't be making my sister cry or you gone have to deal with me, homie. Aight?" Jason nodded and got a piece of chicken. "I'm not her boyfriend yet but aight lil homie." He held out his fist and Acciah pounded it. "My man."

Jason held the bowl of chicken in his hand and leaned it over to my side. "It's kinda hot so you can get what you want while I'm holding it." He said. I smiled and shook my head. "That's okay, I'm not that hungry." He nodded and handed the chicken to Ashika. Now that was weird. "You're not going to tell me that I should eat?" I whispered low enough for only him to hear. He licked his lips. "Nah, I'm not going to force you to do anything. If you're not hungry then that's cool." He shrugged and got some potato salad. "Why does the mashed potatoes look like this?"

Julian stared at Jason and shook his head. "What? White people don't have potato salad, bro?" Jason looked at it and shrugged. "I mean they do I guess..just not like this." Blake nodded his head, agreeing with Jason. "It's not this good oh my god. This food is liiiiiiiife. Lani's Mami, you stuck your whole foot in this." He pulled off a piece of the chicken's skin and stuffed it in his mouth. I've never seen Blake eat this much in my life. Declan ate a piece too and his eyes widened. "That's amazing."