Chapter 6

Danny and Mr. Edge had to spend the night tonight because their house was infested with bugs. Ew. I helped my mom put away the dishes and clear the table. I had to ask her what Danny was talking about.

"Mom? Are you and Mr. Edge getting married?" I asked.

She looked at me and then continued the dishes. "Um, no. Not yet at least."

"Mom. How long have you guys been dating?" I questioned.

There was silence but then she spoke up, "Three months."

"Three months? Mom! Seriously? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked shocked.

"I'm sorry, Jacky. I just didn't want to tell you until I knew I actually loved him."

Whoah! Wait! She just dropped the L bomb. My mom loved someone. After six years of complaining about how guys will only break my heart, she found love again. And with Danny Edge's dad.

"Where did you meet him?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"I actually met him at the gym." she said pleased with herself.

"You don't go to the gym." I laughed.

She laughed back and said, "Okay, I followed him to the gym, but hey, I went. I exercised. Be happy."

I laughed and walked out of the kitchen up to my room. I walked in and saw Danny sitting on my bed. I looked in the corner of the room and saw him. The one who always follows me. I tried to ignore the fear and curiosity I was holding back and focused on Danny.

"Why are you in my room?" I asked.

"Because, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight." he said looking up from his phone.

"Uh, sure? Where though?" I asked.

"I don't know, what's around here?" he asked.

"Well, there's a McDonalds, a coffee shop, and a mall." I responded.

"Let's go to the coffee shop." he said standing up.

"Okay, but can I change first?" I asked looking down at my dress.

"Sure. I'll be in the living room." he said walking out.

I looked back towards the corner where he was standing but he was gone. I felt the tingle in the tips of my toes but tried to ignore it. I walked over to my closet and turned on the light. It wasn't that big, just enough for me to step inside, which I did. I started looking through all my shirts when the door closed. I turned around and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I started to panic and looked for my phone. It was on my bed. Crap! I was stuck. Something was holding the door shut and I couldn't get out. I started pounding on the door and yelling for help.

Then, I heard it. I heard the whisper that caused shivers to run down my spine. It was a girl. She laughed an evil laugh which caused me to panic even more. I looked around and then out of the little keyhole of the door. That's when I saw her standing there, holding the key in between her gray fingers. Her eyes were black along with her hair. Her hair wasn't that evil kind of hair though, it was very pretty. Kinda like mine but black.

She was staring at me with an evil grin etched on her face. She then swallowed the key and started laughing. I then felt someone put their hand over their mouth but I couldn't see who it was. The door swung open and I was thrown out of the closet. I was pushed against the wall, finally seeing who the person holding my mouth was. It was him. The one who always follows me. I didn't know who the girl was but I knew who he was. Why was he helping her. He shoved his hands onto my wrists and stuck them to the wall. Whilst he did this, the girl came and looked me straight in the eye. That's when I realized how vulnerable I was. She could do anything and I wouldn't be able to stop it.

She started scratching me. Her dirty black nails going into my thigh and burning as they moved. She was spelling something. I didn't know what. In fact, I didn't want to know. I just knew that it was burning. I then heard a knocking at my door and all three of us turned to look.

"Help!" I managed to call out.

"You'll be sorry!" the girl whispered to me as she slashed my arm before disappearing and setting me free.

I let my arms fall as I took deep breaths and tried to understand what just happened.

"Jack! Jack! Open up!" I heard Danny yell from outside the door.

I quickly stood up and fixed myself before opening the door. He looked worried. That's when he looked me up and down and noticed the three scratches on my arm.

"You're arm is bleeding." he said pointing.

I looked over at my arm and he was right. It was dripping blood. That's when I felt the pain and started to wince.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Hihihihihi! So this was intense......
I don't know what to say so I'm just gonna say,

Love youz!!!!!!

Byez!!!!!

Ammanda