Chapter 49

I walked into the fresh, new gates of hell. It was already swarming with Satan's multiple minions and demons. I was scared to death to even step three feat in. I saw a small sign that said "OFFICE" in a simple, bold print at the end of the hallway. I had to walk through this mass of people just to get to the office?

I stepped up the courage and began walking through the large groups and down the hallway. I was being pushed and shoved around by backpacks, butts, and shoulders. Some people accidentally pulled my hair and stepped on my shoe laces. I didn't bother retying my shoes because I knew if I fell, I'd most definitely land in someones arms. I eventually made my way to the office and walked in. 

Once I walked in, it was as if I stepped into a whole different world. It was quiet and had nice, calming music playing in the background. There were old ladies and some in their mid thirties standing around talking to men, who ere also in their mid thirties, filing papers, grabbing coffee, typing at a computer, and talking on the phone. I walked up to the front desk and stood there awkwardly. I tall, thin, yet oddly muscular man walked around a corner and immediately saw me. 

"Jacklyn Morose?" he asked quizzically.

I nodded my head shyly as he smiled brightly, showing off his perfectly white, Calvin Klein model teeth.

"Great! Please, come in so we can get you situated!" he said whilst waving his hand, motioning me to follow him around the corner. 

I opened the little door separating me from the rest of the office and quickly jogged to catch up with him. I turned the corner to find even more office. 

"Over here, Ms. Morose." the man said causing me to snap my head over to the left to see a little room. 

I walked into what I assumed was his office and sat in one of the two chairs in front of his desk. "PRINCIPLE WILLINGS" sat on a nameplate on his desk.

"So, Jacklyn Morose. You have a pretty nice record." Mr. Willings stated whilst looking at a folder.

I didn't say anything. 

"All A's and B's. No detentions, suspensions, or expulsions. Moved from Maryland. Honors List since fifth grade. Not bad. Not bad at all." he said and nodded his head, clearly impressed.

I kept my head down until I saw movement out of my peripherals. He sat down at his desk and started rifling through numerous papers.

"Okay, here's your class schedule. Your locker number and combination are on there too. The guidance councilor would like to see you during your free period, which for you would be fifth, right before your lunch today. You must wear this today. It signals that you are a new student so the teachers can introduce you. If you do not wear it, the teachers will most likely not notice you. And that's all there is to know. Oh! And here's a map of our school, it can get confusing so if you need help ask one of the students. I'm your principle. You can call me Principle Willings, Mr. Willings, Principle W, or Mr. W. I hope you enjoy Strongsville High." he said whilst shaking my hand. 

I smiled as best as I could and walked into the busy hallway once again. I looked around for my new locker and soon found it. There was a boy who looked about my age leaning against what I assumed was his locker with a pair of headphones hanging around this neck. I put my combination in and shoved all my books in. I looked at my schedule and sighed louder than I wanted too. The boy turned towards me and laughed.

"Excuse me?" I asked annoyed.

"Sorry, you just seem flustered." he laughed.

"I am. That's not a reason to laugh." I snapped.

"Whoah! You're a feisty freshman." he blurted.

"I'm not a freshman." I stated as if it were obvious.

"Oh, I just assumed cause you're confused and you're wearing the yellow lanyard." he defended.

"Ugh, I hate yellow." I said whilst taking it off and shoving it in my locker.

"I'm Parker." the boy said.

"Jack." I said and shook his hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aye y'all should follow my social media:

Instagram: (fan account) @fangirlep (personal) @ammandagifford

Twitter: @mandamonia1

Snapchat: platerpanda

Musical.ly: @ammandagifford