Chapter 25

"Why is she home?" I asked, worried that I did something wrong.

"I don't know. But don't worry about her." he said whilst placing his hand over mine.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"Where's Paul?" I asked.

"Oh, he's getting food." he responded.

I nodded my head and everything went quiet for awhile. Then Danny broke the silence.

"Jack, I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but I need to ask you-" 

"About how you saw me whilst I was in the coma?" I finished for him. 

He looked up, worry in his eyes, and nodded. I sighed loudly and then spoke up.

"I don't really know how you could see me, but I know you could because I saw you too. Sarah told me no one could see me, but you did. You could hear me too. And that was scary because I didn't want you to worry. It's kinda just hard to explain." I said.

"Who's Sarah?" he asked.

"Oh. She's that girl that attacked me the first time we met." I said. "She's also my sister." 

"Uhm, about that, Jack?" he asked.

"Yeah?" I asked back.

"I remember the first time we met. Like the actual first time." he stated.

How did he remember that? That was so long ago. We met for the first time at playlist live a few months back. But how did he remember?

"I could never forget you." he said whilst blushing. 

The door then opened, interrupting our little moment, and in walked a nurse.

"Hi, sweetheart! You feeling okay?" she asked in a high pitch voice.

I nodded my head and smiled. I looked over to Danny who was looking down chuckling. 

"Okay great! We want to keep you here over night just in case something happens and then you'll be able to leave in the morning!" she said perkily.

I smiled and nodded my head once more and she walked out.

"You wanna pull an all nighter?" I asked whilst nudging Danny.

He looked up and smiled. 

"No, you need to sleep." he responded.

"Yeah, but we can stay awake until midnight. That way I can go home as soon as it's morning." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Jacky, you need to sleep." he said, pulling the covers up to my shoulders.

He began to walk out when I called after him. He turned around and looked at me.

"Will  you come lay in the bed with me? I don't want to be alone again." I asked awkwardly. 

He smiled softly and nodded his head. He walked over to my bed as I made room. He carefully climbed on and laid down right next to me. Our faces were inches apart. Our breathing mixed as I was trying my hardest not to lean in and kiss him there. I can't kiss him. He's going to be my stepbrother. And he probably doesn't even feel the same way about me. I can't kiss him. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

I looked up at him with a confused face.

"How did you know I was thinking?"  I asked.

"Because you always play with your fingers when you're nervous or thinking. And thinking was just a guess." he stated whilst smiling.

I blushed and looked down at my hands which suddenly became very interesting. Well, not really, but it was something to look at without wanting to hug it and never let go.

"So what were you thinking about?" he asked.

"Nothing important." I replied after a few seconds.

"Okay." he said, tightening his grip around me.

I smiled and closed my eyes. Soon enough I was drifting off into another world. A peaceful world. One in which I'll be safe. 

"I'm never letting you go, Jack." I heard Danny whisper before I drifted to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once she's out of the hospital, I promise it will get better! I PROMISE! Happy Christmas eve! <3