Chapter 20

This was going to be an interesting encounter. Seeing my "uncle" for the first time? To say I was scared was a huge understatement. What if he hated me? What if he didn't want to help. What if he wasn't even here?

"Stop thinking about it. He'll like you." Sarah said.

I looked over at her and she gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back as we kept walking. She then screeched and started running up ahead of me. I watched as she ran up and hugged what I assumed was our uncle.  I stopped in my tracks, and me being the awkward little human I am, I somewhat hid. I started hearing a soft voice in my ears. I knew immediately who it was and wanted to hear more. I ran towards my room, not giving a second thought to Sarah, and saw Danny talking to Paul outside my room. Paul was crying and Danny looked confused. 

"Danny, I'm telling you! She was talking. It's like she was still here but also half in a different world." Paul cried.

"That's not possible! She's in a coma." he whispered.

"Danny, I swear! She was yelling at me to help her!" he yelled.

"Then why didn't you?" Danny said whilst raising his voice.

"Danny! Don't you dare yell at him!" I whisper yelled, hoping he didn't hear me.

Danny's face turned towards me but I hid behind the wall before he could see me. His face softened as he looked back at Paul.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice. But it's just not possible." he said whilst looking down.

"If you don't believe me, then go in there. Sometimes you can hear her mumble things." Paul said pointing towards the door.

Danny looked back in my direction as I heard the door open and then close again. I took that as a chance to follow. Paul sat outside my room and that's when I heard Danny start talking.

"Hey, Jacky. Paul said you talked. I didn't believe him, even though you've talked to me so many times. I mean, you just did. I heard you. Maybe he's just hearing what I am. Or maybe he's telling the truth." 

I walked in and saw him holding my hand. He looked even more broken then twenty seconds ago. I don't know how much longer he could take. I had to comfort him, but I didn't know how. I wasn't existing. I wasn't alive. I was just a floating soul in a humanless dimension. I couldn't do anything. So, I was stupid enough to try. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He then cried even harder. I felt so bad for him. I just wanted to be there for him like he always was for me. But I couldn't. I then wiped away a tear I didn't know I cried. Danny stopped crying for a moment and looked up at me. Maybe he saw me, maybe he didn't. Either way I couldn't help him. I couldn't do anything. 

"Jack. I know you're here. And I know you can see me. You wanna know how I know?" he said.

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Cause I can see you." he stated, leaving me with a shocked look on my face.

"I can hear you too." he whispered.

I looked at him through my tears as I softly whispered back, "I miss you."

"I miss you too." he said softly.

I wanted to hug him, I really did, but I couldn't. I would go right through him.

"What's happening, Jack? How come I can see you? Why can't anyone else? Why are you in a coma?" he bombarded with questions I didn't have answers for.

"I don't know. I just wish I was with you. I just wish I could actually talk to you. I wish I could go home with you and we could just hang out and be together. Like we were before this happened." I said as I cried.

"Me too." he said.

I then heard two people whispering behind me and decided to turn around. I saw Sarah and who I assumed was my uncle. Sarah looked at me sadly and motioned for me to talk to her outside. I turned back around to Danny. 

"I gotta go, but I will see you soon. I promise." I said as I ran out the door.

"I love you." I whispered, knowing he couldn't hear me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

longerish chapter.  I'm hoping  today will be a triple update because I kinda wanna finish this book so I can start another one. I don't know how long this is gonna be but hey, we'll see. Also, don't worry, Ms. Morose (Jack's mom), Mr. Edge, Paul, and Ally (Jack's best friend) will all be brought back. I promise. Okay, be prepared for another two updates today... :)