Chapter 62

I woke up to lighting flashing red and blue and hearing people yelling and talking. I sat up and saw police cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck. I saw people walking around and Parker and his little buddies in the back of a police car. 

"Hey, Sweetie. How's your head?" I heard a nice feminine voice ask.

I looked over to see a girl in her mid-twenties with strawberry blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail smiling at me. 

"Uh, fine I guess?" I said more of a question.

"Would you like your phone? It's been ringing off the hook." she offered.

"Sure." I said as she handed me my phone.

I turned it on and noticed Danny had called and texted me multiple times. I listened to the voicemails first.

"Hey, Jacky. I'm sorry I've been being a jerk lately. I just didn't know what to say after you told me that. I love you. Call me back please."

"Jacky, hey. I'm sorry. Please stop ignoring me. I love you." 

"Jacky! Oh my god! I just saw your comment! You're coming home? Holy crap! When? Why? Call me back! Love you!" 

"Jacky? Is everything okay? You're not responding to anyone's messages or calls. Call me back when you get this." the last voicemail from him rang.

I noticed my mom had called me and left me three voicemails too.

"Hey, Sweetheart. I'm so sorry. I didn't think it would hurt this much without you. Danny told me what happened whilst you were missing. I cried every night until he called me and told me they found you. Sweetie, I'm so sorry. I love you so much. Call me back."

"Jack, I know you're probably mad but please call me back. I need to hear your voice."

"Jacky, are you okay? everyone has been calling and you won't respond. I'm getting worried. Call me back when you can, okay? Love you."

I started crying when I heard my moms voice again. It made me miss her more than I should. I just wanted to hug her and never let go. 

"Do you want to know what happened?" the strawberry blond asked out of nowhere.

I didn't quite know the answer to that question. Of course I wanted to know but did I really? I must have nodded my head, though because she began explaining what had happened.

"Well, when we found you, you were surrounded by those three men over there. You had no shirt on and your pants seemed to have been ripped off. Your underwear was still on luckily. We believe they kicked and punched you because you were pretty scraped up. You were also unconscious so we're not quite sure what happened. Do you remember anything that had happened?" she asked.

Remembering what had happened made me cry again. I told her everything that had happened until now. 

"Where were you going anyway?" she asked.

"Home." I said and looked down.

"Oh. Well, we think it'd be best if we gave you a police escort to the airport and home." she smiled.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Just to make sure you're safe." she winked.

"Thank you." I said relieved and hugged her.

**

I had two police men drive me to the airport and sit next to me on the plane ride home. When we landed in Maryland, I almost ran off the plane. I had called Danny on my way to the airport and told him when I would be home and what had happened and everything. We got off the plane and I immediately saw Danny. But he wasn't alone. He had brought Ally, Paul, and my mom. The police officers nodded at me, allowing me to run up to all of them. I dropped my backpack and started sprinting towards them. Danny caught me and before we both could react, I planted my lips firmly on his. I tasted a salty tear that had fallen from the corner of my eye. I pulled away first and Danny smiled at me. He wiped away my tears and then his smile fell.

"I'm so sorry, Jacky. I can't believe I didn't let you explain. I'm so sorry, it's just- I love you." he said and looked deep into my eyes.

"I love you too." I smiled and kissed him again. 

We pulled away again and I hugged him tight. I then saw Ally and Paul both crying behind Danny. 

"Awe guys." I cried and went to hug both of them separately.

I then turned towards my mom and looked her dead in the eye. She changed so much since I last saw her. She seemed sadder and older. Like time had taken everything she ever loved away from her. 

"Hi, Mom." I smiled.

"Hi, Jacky." she said and hugged me tight.

"I missed you." I whispered into her shirt.

"I missed you too." she said and I knew she meant it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aw cute sad chapter thing. Three updates today? Jeez ammanda! What's wrong? Oh nothing, just my plans were cancelled because my mom sucks toes.