Chapter 29

Danny drove Paul, himself, and myself all back to my house so I could settle in a relax. My mom wasn't home when we got there I simply just went to the bathroom to shower. 

"Are you sure you can do it?" Danny asked as I slowly stood.

"I feel like you just want to see me naked in the shower." I laughed.

"No! I do not! I'm just making sure you don't need help that's all." he said worriedly.

"Mhm." I joked.

He helped me stand up and I began to walk on my own, slowly of course. I walked up the stairs as quickly as possible and soon ran to the bathroom. I was about to strip down when I remembered I had no towel and no clothes. I turned on the shower to allow it to heat up before I jogged out of the bathroom. I went to my room to grab my things when I heard Paul talking.

"Are you ever going to tell her?" he asked.

"Tell her what? The thing about her mom or the other thing." Danny asked.

The thing about my mom?

"Well, both." Paul said after a few seconds of silence.

"I think her mom should be the one to tell her but if she doesn't I will." Danny said rather annoyed.

"Okay, but what about the other thing?" 

"I'm hoping I won't have to." Danny said after a long silence. 

That's when Paul looked up and I quickly hid behind my door. Luckily he didn't see me and continued talking. I took that as a chance to go back to the bathroom and finish my task of bathing. 

**

"Does anyone know where my phone is?" I yelled through the house.

"I think it's on the couch." I heard Paul yell back.

I quickly ran over to the couch and, sure enough, it was there. I snatched it off the couch and looked through my notifications. 

Twitter: 
@LukeKorns:
Mikey has been blasting hardcore trap in his room for the last hour. I'm scared to go in.

Twitter:
@RickyPDillon:
@LukeKorns maybe he's trapped!

Twitter:
@LukeKorns:
@RickyPDillon ohh man you're right, maybe thats the code. hes playing TRAP because hes TRAPPED. ILL SAVE YOU MIKE

I giggled at the conversation and favourited the three tweets. I then unlocked my phone and dialed my moms number.

"Hello?" my moms voice rang through.

"Hey, Mom! Where are you?" I asked happily.

"Oh, hi sweetie. Um I'm at uh Mr. Edge's house." she stuttered.

"Oh. When will you be home?" I asked.

"Uh not tonight. I'm sorry sweetheart."

"Mom, it's my first day back from the hospital. You weren't there when I woke up. I thought you'd at least be home or I'd at least see you today." I said frustrated.

"Yes, I know honey but, I haven't seen Mr. Edge in awhile." she said back.

"Why do you keep avoiding my name?" I asked.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"I asked, why are you avoiding my name?" I pushed on.

"Sweetie, I'm not." she said sweetly.

"You did it again. And why do you keep calling him Mr. Edge?" I persistently asked.

"Sweetie, stop acting so strange." 

"I'm not the one acting strange here mom. You only avoid my name when something is wrong so tell me what's wrong." I forced.

"I am your mother young lady and you will not raise your voice at me." she said sternly.

"Mom! You're avoiding all my questions! Just tell me what's wrong! It's clearly something important!" I yelled.

"It's none of your business!" she yelled back.

"It's clearly my business if it has to do with you! God! Why won't you just tell me?!" I yelled, throwing my hand in the air.

"Young lady if you yell at me-"

"You didn't even visit me did you?" I cut her off.

She didn't speak. All I heard was the static through the phone and my own breathing.

"So, you didn't visit me, you weren't there when I woke up, you weren't there for the next two days, you weren't home when I got home, and you aren't here now. And the best part is, you're hiding something and you won't tell me. Wow, best mom of the year award goes out to you. Congrats." I said calmly.

"If you ever speak to me like that ever again, I swear, you will be grounded for the rest of your life, Missy." she snapped.

"I'll take my chances." I said and ended the call.

I threw my phone on the la-Z-boy and flopped onto the couch with a huff. I need to find out what she is hiding. And I needed to know what "the other thing" with Danny is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

longer chapter for you guys! Thanks for reading the last chapter. Wow, nine of you guys. In my view, that's a lot for less than one day! Thank you guys! And thanks for reading this one. You guys will find out the thing with her mom soon. I can't really remember if I already said it in a chapter or not but I'm going to check right after I publish this which is rightttttttttttttt NOW!