a. two

With a slight pout on her lips, Sawyer watched out of the window. Professor Lockhart's voice rumbled on and on in the front of the class, but the wind was whispering misfortune and warnings.

"Professor, please," a voice squeaked. "Is it really necessary, speaking of such things as your favorite color?"

"Why, of course," the blond man stated, flashing his pearly white teeth. A small dreamy sigh escaped someone that sat next to Sawyer, and Sawyer turned for just a moment back to the world she was living in.

Her eyes closed for a moment before looking back to the window. It started snowing, and the air was chilly. Sawyer heard that any class outside of castle was canceled, due to the weather.

She wished just once to hear the wind whooshing, instead of whispering.

Of course, hearing the wind speaking was not as half as bad as listening to Professor Lockhart talking about himself, throwing in the mix once in two weeks an incorrect information about Defense Against The Dark Arts, the subject he was teaching. How he even got the job was beyond Sawyer, but then again, for years now, any professor that's gotten the job would last no more than a year, so you ought to run out of options at some point.

A small crick distracted Sawyer from the wind, and she turned to the door. Her cat, Meeko, walked through the door. No one seemed to notice, and he confidently strutted to her seat, sitting down and looking her over. Sawyer made a face, rolling her eyes, but picked him up as he was waiting for her to do.

Pawing at her desk for few moments, he decided it was not comfortable enough and jumped into her lap. Meowling and stretching- in the process scratching Sawyer's leg- he finally fell comfortable and closed his eyes.

Meeko was a spoiled and arrogant cat, and he craved attention, much unlike his owner. Another joke between the two was that he must be like Salem Saberhagen, Sabrina's cat (From Sabrina the Teenage Witch), and that he was a person in the body of a cat. She was certain that he was her soulmate, and refused to agree with the fact her soulmate was a cat.

"Well, class," Professor Lockhart. "Seeing as this is the last class we have until after Christmas, I reckon I'll end it a bit earlier. Have a great holiday!" 

And despite the fact that the idiot of a professor was wrong about pretty much anything, he was right about that. The next day would be the last in the semester, and Christmas was inching closer with each minute.

"Meeko," Sawyer nudged with a grin. "Come on you lazy little thing."

Sawyer was a usual sign-up for the stay-at-Hogwarts list. She was living with her father's only living friend, and felt bad for intruding his privacy most of the time. Plus, he was a werewolf, and she hated the fact he would look for someone to watch over her at the days of a full moon, so she preferred staying at Hogwarts when she knew it would clash.

"Meeko," Sawyer tried again, but to no avail, as the cat was in a much better world of blissful sleep. With a sigh, Sawyer picked up the cat, allowing him to hang to her shoulder with an arm circling his torso. She wasn't sure that was how you handle cats, but it worked for almost five years, so that had to do.  "Damn fluffball." 

Sawyer gripped her bag and walked casually to her Divination class, that was at the seventh floor in the North Tower. It consisted a lot of stairs climbing, and frankly, Sawyer liked taking the longer way there, which was walking through half the castle just for funs.

She let her feet carry her to a dark corridor, half aware that she was not in the right direction at all, but not minding it too much as she heard panicked breaths.

Meeko suddenly clawed at her back, and she set him down, the two walking in the opposite direction of the run-away spiders.

"Potter?" she heard her voice ask. The black haired boy looked at her with fear written in his features.

"I-- I didn't do it, I swear- I-- I walked here and found them just like that-- and... please, you have to believe me!"

"Wow, chill man." was the first thing that escaped her lips, and she finally looked at his feet. Her heart squeezed at the sight of Nearly Headless Nick, Gryffindor's ghost. One may wonder how could someone be nearly headless, but when he was executed, at 1492, someone left some of his skin attached so his head was still connected to his neck, but only just.

Next to him was laying a second-year Hufflepuff that Sawyer has seen a few times before.

"Sawyer, please," Potter's voice spoke once more. "Believe me. I didn't do it."

"How do you know my name?" 

"Please-"

"I asked you something." Sawyer said sternly, and Meeko meowed to strengthen their point.

"You are a Gryffindor, what do you mean?" Potter took a deep breath, "please, Sawyer, everyone think I did it, and now... please."

"Oh, relax already," Sawyer snapped. "I believe you."

Harry Potter looked at Sawyer with a look of surprise, confusion and slight gratitude. Sawyer, on the other hand, was looking at him strangely. Her dorm- mates had troubles remembering her name, so how could this boy- this famous boy that survived the killing curse at the young age of just one year- look at her and know it?

Perhaps he wasn't all fame, and he actually had something under the messy black hair and the lightning scar.

"What do I do?" he suddenly asked, making Sawyer look at the poor boy. His eyebrows were scrunched and his face held nothing but worry. "I should help them, I know, but-- everybody blames me already!"

"You go, I'll take care of that--" just as Sawyer opened her mouth, Peeves the Poltergeist appeared, opening a door in the corridor with a loud bang, making Meeko hiss loudly at him.

"Why, it's potty wee Potter!" cackled Peeves, knocking Harry'sglasses askew as he bounced past him. "What's Potter up to? Why'sPotter lurking —" Peeves stopped, halfway through a midair somersault. Upsidedown, he spotted the second year and Nearly Headless Nick. He flipped theright way up, filled his lungs and, before Harry could stop him,screamed, "ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NOMORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!ATTAAAACK!"   

"Jesus," Sawyer whined quietly, grabbing Meeko. 

"Sawyer?" Harry asked uncertainly as she started walking. 

"Yes Potter?" Sawyer asked coldly. She had a tendency to act like- excuse my french- a total bitch at times, and as she looked at Harry Potter that day, he didn't even mind that. He was too relieved there was someone- anyone- that believed he was innocent, and he hoped she would help.

"Where are you going?" he flinched as suddenly a first door was opened with a bang.

"I have to do something," she murmured so he'd hear, but only barely.

"But-"

"You'll be fine, Harry," she spoke harshly, though she didn't mean to do so. The corridor grew more and more packed with each moment as more doors opened and more students streamed out of the classrooms.

Meeko scratched her lightly on her shoulder, wanting to know where she was going.

"We, my little friend," she grinned, smothering the fur on his head, "are gonna see if the spiders are running away or looking for something. I think I finally know what is it that hides in the chamber. Next step?" she asked herself as her cat gave her a confused look, "figuring out where it is-"

"Sawyer Wilde?" a voice asked, making her turn.

"Yes?"

"I know your secret, and I need your help." 

Sawyer looked at her, sending her an incredulous look, she was certain she was a second-year and the tie surrounding her neck suggested she was a Gryffindor, much like herself.

Can you believe her nerve, that one

?"My name is Hermione Granger, and please. I need you to help me," she said, previous confidence gone as she glanced around. 

"Enlighten me."