j. two

"I hate that toad already." Sawyer stated as the group entered the Great Hall.

"Sawyer, where were you? Head Girl is supposed to--" Hermione was a second from biting Sawyer's head off, but she suddenly realized she was clutching Lee's arm. A sly grin was suddenly on her lips. "Err, I think I see a third year bullying a second year, I'll leave you be."

Sawyer and Lee exchanged a look of pure confusion, before Fred interrupted. "What toad?"

"Sawyer!" Neville cheered happily, glad to see on of the few people that were always polite and nice to him. Sawyer grinned, waving.

"Hi Nev, how've you been?"

"Great, actually. Felt your absence last year," she shurgged with a devil grin he came to know.

"Well, Charlie Weasley was calling, and I can't deny the handsomest Weasley."

"Hey!" George begun.

"I thought--" Fred placed a hand over his heart, an excellent hurt exprassion on his face.

"We were the handsomest Weasley."

Lee laughed, "dude, it's so Bill. You're all deluded."

Neville grinned simply as the group argued about the Weasley siblings (Fred and George siding with themselves, obviously) and sat down on their usual spot.

"Hey, is that Malfoy with a prefect badge?" Sawyer glanced over at the pale boy, who was looking quite proud of himself. As usual. True, he had a badge on his shirt.

"Well, at least you have more power than him," Fred shrugged, and George nodded.

"Who even chose him?"

"Well, there is no normal Slytherin students in their year," Lee shrugged, before looking at the badge on her shirt. Snape hissed at her to place it there the moment they entered school grounds. She was miserable. "So you're taking classes with us, right?"

"Yeah," Sawyer grinned, her smile frail. Lee grimaced as he remembered her words at the platform. They didn't get around to speak as Fred and George entered the comparment and made it into a joking session. But he knew for sure Sawyer needed support, both emotional and physical. She could barely stand.

"Hey, who's that?" Neville wondered briskly, making the group to turn to see the so-called toad.

"The Toad."

"Huh?"

"Well, she does look like a toad," Lee agreed with Sawyer. She was squat, with short, curly, mouse-brown hair in which she had placed a horrible pink Alice band that matched the fluffy pink cardigan she wore over her robes. Then she turned her face slightly to take a sip from her goblet and they saw her toadlike face and a pair of prominent, pouchy eyes.

"An ugly toad, not like Trevor," Sawyer added just loud enough for Neville to hear.

Within minutes, the Sorting Hat was through a grim song, and Sawyer was already deep in a thumbs war tournament with the twins and Lee. George has poured them all water, for the game was exhausting.

Soon, the feast has begun and they all dug into their food, chattering about the missing Hagrid. Some teacher Sawyer hasn't met, but did take over Hagrid's place when he disappeared the year prior, was there.

"Well, he is a part of the Order, and I think Dumbledore did mention something about Giants and him traveling," Sawyer recalled.

"Why are you in the Order if you never even give us useful information?" Fred wondered.