a. five

"Tom Marvolo Riddle, half blood, in Dippet's time, orphan, hates the muggle orphanage he's lived in, gone to Hogwarts when the Chamber of Secrets was last opened. Liar, liar, liar. Bad.  Dangerous, Dangerous, Dangerous."

Dumbledore looked as though the girl electrified him, taking a step back, pained surprise in his eyes.

The Weasley twins were the ones to hear her yelp, and realised she's gone to catatonic like state, quickly getting Minerva, who knew well enough to call Dumbledore. The twins, by Minerva's order, took Sawyer to Dumbledore's office. The four of them were peering carefully at the wide eyed girl.

"Danger, danger, danger," her voice repeated again and again, choked up.

The four surrounded her for hours, the twins concerned, though not knowing her.  They sat away at some point, minding their own business, speaking quietly, trying to figure out something, before a thud made them all turn to Sawyer.

"Sawyer!" Minerva called, rushing to aid her. 

"It's not the spider!" she told Minerva, eyes wide, shaking the woman's arm strongly. "He's innocent! It's Riddle... It's..." she took a deep breath, choking up, unable to explain. "He's done it. He wanted to stay, he needed to stay, he is the one, he is dangerous, dangerous, dangerous, dangerous," she sounded like a broken record, choking up, voice cracking.

Eyes wild, she looked around, noting the difference between the Office she's been at with Riddle than the one she was at now.

"He's done it," she said in a whisper, and Dumbledore grimaced. "You know who. You know what. Stop him, he's done it again."

"He's gone."

"Something of him is here!" Sawyer exploded, standing up dizzily. One of the twins caught her before she fell. "Who was it that he framed? He's innocent!"

"Sawyer, calm down," the twin who caught her requested gently. 

She was hyperventilating, eyes wild, hair messy. She was gone, she needed to understand it all. Who was he? Who was the heir of Slytherin? Who did he frame? Who had the courage to take care of a giant baby spider? Who carried the punishment he didn't deserve? Who was Rubeus, that was blamed as the Heir--? 

"Hagrid," she spluttered. "He's brought the spider."

"Sawyer," Dumbledore spoke, trying to calm her down. She was staring at the floor, calculating. "Fred, George, Minerva, step out please."

The three obliged silently, leaving the two together.

DANGEROUS, her mind was still screaming at her. Everything was connected somehow, but a few things were missing.

"Sawyer," Dumbledore tried again, but she was more bewildered than before.

"Everything is wrong," she spluttered again. "Hagrid isn't the heir, Riddle is. The spider Hagrid's brought is the one in the forest, the beast is far more dangerous..." she  couldn't breathe, so she walked up to Dumbledore, the man taken aback by her actions. It was nothing like Sawyer.

She grabbed his hand in a vice like grip, eyes darker than ever.

"Beware of the serpent."

DANGEROUS, was all she could think of before everything slipped away.

When she opened her eyes again, Sawyer was in the hospital wing. She could hear hushed words beyond the curtain.

"--her affinity is to death and misfortune, it only makes sense she'd see things like that."

"Why would she see something about the Dark Lord, headmaster?" a sneery voice asked. "She's had a single vision through her whole life, the rest are death memories triggered by the presence of objects or ghosts. What was there that could trigger it?"

"If we could know, we'd know more of the chamber."

"She said beware of the serpent?" 

"Yes, Severus."

"Is she talking about the heir?" Snape wondered, sounding deep in thought.

"I do believe she's talking of something bigger, Severus." Dumbledore sounded even deeper in thoughts, buried neck deep. "We'll question it first thing in the morning, for now, let's step out. We all need rest."

"Good night, headmaster," Snape said begrudgingly, and his footsteps got farther away. When she heard Dumbledore leaving too, Sawyer left her bed, tiptoeing outside.

"I cannot let you live," a voice hissed. It was Tom Riddle's voice, mixed with the hiss of a snake. "You know far too much, child. Sssso much potential, sssso unlike your father, ssssso perfect for me...  yet sssso catassstrophically dangerousss."

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER.

"Ssssuch a shame you mussst be gone."

Raising her wand, she closed her eyes, entering the bathroom that her legs guided her to. He still had the venom, she knew. "Avada Kedavra," she dared, and even through her closed lids, she saw the green light.

When she opened her eyes, she saw the giant serpent shaking his head, wailing. She hit his eye successfully. It'd heal, he was far too strong for it to permanently blind him, maybe cause him some damage for the long run, but nothing that would stay forever.

That was enough.

"Tom Riddle," she spoke, and the serpent silenced at the sound of his master's name. "Your master is terrified of me," she informed, though she was unsure he understood what she was saying. "Let him know that he's got a good reason." The serpent started opening his eyes, and she quickly turned to watch one of the mirrors on the wall. 

The last thing she saw was the reflection of the yellow eyes, and she smiled.

He had a damn good reason to be scared.

Sawyer Wilde could be the end of him.