l. one

A pair of bright eyes opened in the dead of the night.

Charlie Weasley's arm was draped over her torso, and light snores filled the air. The door was left ajar, Sirius glaring at Charlie as he entered the room and claiming he would stay vigilant through the night for any kind of noise.

(Charlie laughed when Sirius told him very clearly "if you take advantage of my sleeping daughter I will finally be accused rightfully for murder."

"What if she wakes up and initates something?" he asked with no shame.

"My daughter is pure and would never even think of such matters.")

Sawyer turned her head to the man next to her, and she moved it gently. He stirred, turning around and his snores resumed quickly. She looked at him, her heart content, but her mind pulling her away. She clambered out of bed, and found out she was wearing a sleeveless dress that reached down to the middle of her thighs. In the dark she could see it was striped with grey and probably white. 

Her eyes roamed the room, trying to figure out what was the source of her discomfort.

Wind suddenly blew inside the room, and her eyes looked to the window. It was closed. The whisper in the wind made her turn to the door, and suddenly her legs pushed her there, opening the door completely-- the house in Grimmauld was silent. The stairs leading to the attic were blocked by old books, but it mattered not, as Sawyer's feet carried her downstairs. 

There was a small garden leading from the Entry Hall, and it seemed her feet directed her there.

She blinked, her eyes blood-red, watching the glowing figure in the dark of the night- it must've been chilly, with snow idly falling from the sky, and the wind blowing, but Sawyer could only see the small creature in front of her.

The girl smiled.

"Meeko," relief washed down her, her knees failing her and causing her to sink to the snow. 

He meowed knowingly, stepping closer. His left ear stood slightly taller than his right ear, just as always, and a single stripe decorated his front paw. He stopped a step away from her, and she reached out a hand to touch his fur.

And then he ran away.

"Meeko!" her voice called out and she stood up to run after him. 

"Mistress!" a miserable voice called out, grasping her legs desprately. "Mistress Sawyer, please--!"

"Sawyer!" another voice joined, and firm fingers circled her arm.

"Where are you going?" she called out to Meeko, trying to escape the two holding her down. "Don't leave me alone!" He stood in his spot, his eyes shining the same color as hers. "How do I follow you?"

"Sawyer!" grey eyes suddenly stood between them, and she blinked. Sirius gripped her shoulder tightly, and Kreacher was downright crying at their side. She blinked once more, and Sirius' face relaxed as her eyes faded into a color resembling his. "Sawyer, what's going on?"

"Meeko," she whispered, suddenly feeling drained. 

"He's gone, isn't he?" Sirius wondered, hand on her cheek, making her realize how cold it was. A shiver shook her body, and Sirius hugged her. She threw her arms around her father, and cried quietly.

"He's out there, and he knows me... He's waiting."

"Sawyer--"

"He knows me, dad." she said gravely, reaching a hand to calm Kreacher. He grasped it tightly, heaving breathes distrupting the silence of the night. It's been a few minutes when Sawyer spoke again. "I'll have to follow at some point."