h. one

A moment of nausea passed quickly as the red head steadied the girl, who nodded her thanks, eyes still locking on his fingers whenever they touched her, even through clothings. She wondered if there would ever be a day her heart would not skip a beat in the presence of the red head.

"It's freezing," she off-handedly said, turning away as she brushed dust off of her suitcase.

"Probably because of your onesie," Charlie Weasley commented as he looked around suspiciously. London in the middle of the night always made him anxious, and with the Dark Lord's return, it was more than justified.

"Are you seriously gonna start it up again?" Sawyer turned to him, hands on hips as she frowned up at him.

"Yes, I am."

"What is your problem with my onesie, Charlie?"

"It's drawing way too much attention, you walked down the road at freaking Amsterdam with it, with your purple hair and-"

"Not again with my purple hair!" Sawyer groaned, "Charlie, it's dark purple! Your hair is drawing much more attention than mine is, okay, so let's just--"

"No, it's not! Stop throwing it at me, your hair is weird!"

"Charles, you said it's cute!"

"It is, but it's drawing attention and people notice us because of that," Charlie shrugged, and Sawyer was never more thankful to the darkness who hid away the blood rushing to her cheeks.

"You want me to dye it back?"

"Nah, it's cute." Charlie said, still distracted. "Hey, you have any idea where they are? Dumbledore said two a.m., and it's already-- MUM!"

"Oh, Charlie!" the sobbing woman swooped over to the direction of her second eldest son, and the pair that has just returned to England was at loss as to why she was so upset, but had no time to question it.

"Saw!" George tackled the girl down roughly, his intention clearly for both of them to fall down to the floor. "You're it?"

"Geroff!" she pushed him, and he laughed as he stood up, surprisingly cheerful at the dark atmosphere looming over their heads. "Bloody hell, that hurt."

"Well, you broke our fragile little hearts," Fred informed. "And poor Anton! You, at the very least, bid us thee fare well, but Anton was left heartbroken and crushed as you left. He weeped day and night and--"

"Okay, okay, I get it!"

The twins laughed again, not taking anything- per usual- as seriously as they should.

"Peeves was heartbroken too, he terrorized the Slytherins quite a bit and kept blabbering about the day his loyal companion shall return to his side-- it's you, right?"

"Err, yeah," Sawyer laughed awkwardly. "I may have requested him to put his utmost faith in me and terrorize everyone just as before in my name, and that I'll be back to his side soon enough."

"Lie?"

"Partially," she shrugged. "Anyway, I've gotten an official acceptance letter from Fudge to enter the sixth year, and I'll be taking my NEWTs and OWLs at the end of this year. Cleared for early graduation thanks to the fact he's smitten."

"You're a little demon, aren't you?" Fred pinched her cheek, throwing an arm over her shoulder and dragging her closer.

"You've no idea."

::

"Hullo Igor," Karkaroff seemed twitchier than humanly possible as Sawyer walked over to him, "I see you've taken my advice."

"A fool's advice taken by a bigger fool."

She didn't reply, merely turned away and pretended not to see how he clutched his arm, that must've burned in pain.

"Sawyer!"

An easy smile slipped into her lips as she turned to the black haired. "Sirius! Hi!"

"Didn't realize you're a metamorphemagous," he shrugged, "cool."

"She isn't," Remus Lupin sighed as he walked over. "What is that?"

"Hair."

"The color."

"Purple."

"Why?"

"I'm a free spirit?"

"If I may, I told her it's drawing attention," Charlie pointed out, and Sawyer happily punched his arm, as Remus rolled his eyes.

"You said it's cute."

"Sirius, you handle it," Remus sighed as he walked off.

"I also say dragons are cute, how much should you take my words into consideration?"

"Fair point," Sawyer admitted, willing herself to only peer up at him for three more seconds. Two... One... She turned away. "So how's it going Sirius?" she asked brightly, and suddenly realized too many pairs of eyes were watching them.

"I've been better, what about you?" he frowned, "heard you dropped out? Never took you as the type to do that."

"Well, you've never known me too well, have you, dad?" she teased with a grin, turning to grab her suitcase. "So where am I sleeping?"

"Last floor, I'll show you in a minute," Sirius called as she climbed up the stairs. "Why isn't she waiting? Moony, you raised her bad."

"If there weren't kids here..." Remus sighed so silently, as Sirius rushed up the stairs.

"Hey, do they know each other?" Bill asked curiously, and Ron sighed.

"Well, that's a long story."