d. one

A few weeks of peace went by, well, for Sawyer, that is.

Seventh and Fifth years were extremely nervous- besides George and Fred, that is, they were "chill about it"-  for they had O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts up ahead of them. Hermione was the only one that had that much on her head, and Sawyer once checked her timetables for the exam- she had multiple exams at the same time- noting the necklace around her neck.

"You know, it's extremely hard getting Time-Turners, I'm surprised they've given it to you." Hermione seemed alarmed that Sawyer said it, but Remus entered the hall at that moment, and she excused herself from the table as she walked up to him.

"Good morning Sawyer," he greeted, not halting as he walked to the staff's table, "are you just coming to see my lovely face, or is there something you'd like to tell me?"

"Of course that seeing your face is a benefit, Remus," Sawyer told him, grabbing his arm. "But could we talk in private?"

"Is it urgent?" he wondered, glancing at the table.

"Not really," Sawyer mused, though in some ways Remus needed to know it, and he should've known it before, probably.

"Then let's discuss it after you exam tomorrow," Remus patted her shoulder.

"You mean, right before the third years' exam?"

"Err, right," Remus hummed. "Just drop by at my office tomorrow's evening, how about that?"

"Sure," she sighed. He'd know either way, and maybe it was a sign that she should've kept quiet. The centaurs were probably right, they shouldn't mess with what was already written in the stars. "Well, see ya."

Remus patted her shoulder, and she turned away, her heart squeezing in her chest almost painfully. She still cared for him too much.

Oliver was sitting at the table when she returned, setting down a roll with Sawyer's hand writing on it. He eventually gave in and allowed her to write down the subjects he needed for his N.E.W.Ts, and that surprisingly helped him study much more than the books did.

"Hi," he greeted her, scooting over and getting her a free space, much too small, but soon the rest of them scooted away, freeing a large enough spot for them not to squeeze. It seemed that Oliver and Sawyer became the most popular couple in the Gryffindor tower, and everyone were making sure that they had romantic atmoshpere at all times; it was ridiculous, and Ginny Weasley teamed up with Katie Bell and Lavander Brown to get them the sofa closest to the fire at the common room every evening.

"Heyo," she smiled, sitting down, kissing his cheek.

There was a short 'aw' coo, much like most girls of Gryffindor done these days half the time, that came from the Hufflepuff table as well.

Sawyer and Oliver both turned to look over at the group that cooed, and they quickly averted their gaze- quite comically, if Sawyer had to say so.

"I swear, this whole school are just a bunch of crazy people," Sawyer mumbled, making Oliver laugh as Fred and George sauntered over, calmer than anyone but Sawyer.

"You guys have your Potions exam today, don't you?" Oliver frowned as he watched them.

"Yeah."

"So why are you so calm? It's your OWLs." Fred shrugged, loading his plate.

"It's just OWLs, not like we're gonna do something that requires us having O in every subject."

"And what about your girlfriend?" George wondered, pointing at Sawyer with his fork.