d. five

Once Peter Pettigrew was tied up, and Snape was levitating in mid-air, the trio finally trusting Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, the werewolf turned to the girl, who was cleaning up Meeko's whiskers, as he shoved his face into a particulary dusty spot, and was sneezing so rapidly he was getting dizzy.

"Sawyer," he called hesitatingly, making the four turn to him. Sawyer didn't glance his way, still cleaning up poor Meeko.

"Yes?" she questioned brightly, smiling lightly.

"Err, do you..." Remus paused, not sure how to ask. "You've known Sirius is innocent."

"I have," she turned to watch him, bright eyes challenging, but not quite.

"He is your father," Remus stated, though the crease between his eyebrows made it seem like a question to Sawyer, who's known him so well.

"Yeah," she assured lightly.

"So why didn't you say anything?" he questioned again, and when she opened her mouth, he spoke up. "No, I'm not talking about-- Err, Ron, Hermione, Harry, cover your ears please, or ignore whatever I might say next-- I'm not talking about that bullshit about me not rushing up to him, it's time you open the cards up. You've cryptic for months," he gave a soft look to the trio, and though they had their hands over their ears, it was quite obvious they still head whatever they were speaking of.

Leaning back in the spot she was sitting on, on the now-free bed, she ginned. "I've been telling your for months, Remus," she repeated, this time so he'd hear her. "Think back, and keep the secret, it's kind of top-secret."

Remus frown made Sirius curious. Actually, that whole situation made Sirius curious. He was supposed to have a daughter, from Amanda, who was a casual- sex for him, only it ended up in a friendship relationship with the awkwardness of one time  sexual- partner constantly lingering above the slowly growing belly of Amanda, as well as the mutual parenthood they had no idea how to prepare to.

But before the baby, the girl, was developed enough, Amanda died- she was murdered, if Sirius was to allow himself to get ahead of himself- and along, the undeveloped fetus, the girl, that was standing in front him, conversing with his old friend, her face just as hers.

"Wait, you aren't on with that ridiculous bullshit about..." Remus trailed off, jaw dropping a bit and face losing whatever color was still there, and no other word was uttered out for almost another minute. "You... Sawyer, that's..."

"That's the truth, Remus," she shrugged, "well, not exactly, but why talk about it in front of practical strangers? And rats who can tell Tom what I don't want him knowing."

The trio frowned, but said nothing more, and for quite a while, the only noise was the dry, choked sobs of Pettigrew. 

"Well, I do believe it's time for me to go," Sawyer sighed deeply, "I'll be in the boys' dormitoies, either the fifth years' or the seventh. Don't look for me," she announced, looking at Sirius. "We'll meet in London at the middle of July, so make sure to be safe, and we'll see you around. Meeko," she turned to her cat, that finally managed to stop sneezing for a full minute. "We're out."

Meeko meowed happily, following.

Sirius turned to Remus the moment the girl's left the room, and his gaze was almost enough to make Remus tell him whatever she wished he wouldn't.

"I guess we'll meet at July and she'll tell us everything we should know," Remus shrugged, feeling uneasy. 

Severus Snape stirred behind the two old friends, as Sawyer reached the end of the tunnel, leaving the Whomping Willow, along with the seven people that were still inside, behind her.

She sighed as she allowed the invisibilty spell make its way over herself and her cat.

The full moon glimmered above, and she only prayed the some day, she'll be able to not allow new people into her life and heart. 

 Why was it that she still cared?

::

It was far too much.

Returning to the safety of the castle and snuggling comfortably under the blanket with her friends, was far too much for her.

Even when she knew matters would be... okay, Sawyer couldn't quite do it.

So when Remus has tackled down Sirius, who was at complete loss even in his gignatic dog form, she stepped out of the shadows, silvery sillhoute as the spell was bathed in moon-light.

"Remus, you should have some manners. Sirius might want to be on top this time," the werewold standing where the closest she knew to a father was supposed to be turned to her, growling.

He stepped off of Sirius, who whimpered out a choked breath, attempting to stand up right. 

"Dad," she teased lightly, throwing her old wand in his direction. "You should get away, I can handle it perfectly." The dog caught the wand between his sharp teeth, but hesitated. "It's okay, I'll explain better sometime, but Remus can't harm me, not really."

Still doubting, he took slow steps away, watching as Sawyer stood there calmly, in front of a full grown werewolf.

"See you in July, and make sure the window's not locked," she ginned, as he finally disappeared.

The werewolf was still growling at her, circling her like a vulture, but he soon growled in defeat, turning off and away, straight into Agambir's territory, and since Sawyer figured Remus would be safe with her friends, she turned around and made her way back to the castle.

With Remus safe, and the knowledge of the night ending with no deaths or soul-losing incidents, she was prepared to go and spend the rest of the night with Oliver, Fred, George and Lee.

She sighed into the air again.

Yes, she was just about done with caring for people.

That hurt.