l. two

Harry, Sirius, Kreacher and Sawyer remained in the house is Grimmauld while the rest used Floo powder to travel to the Burrow for the funeral of Arthur Weasley.

A mismatched family waved as Remus disappeared as well, and Harry sighed, about to slump his way back to his room.

"Where you going Harry?" Sirius wondered brightly. 

"Our room," he mumbled. "Why?"

"Why didn't you go?" Sawyer wondered, hand resting on Kreacher's head. Harry sighed, turning to look at the remains of the once great Black family.

"When Moody dropped at St. Mungo's he said something... About Voldemort," he paused, looking quite awkward, as Kreacher flinched violently. "He said... He said that he possessed me and that's how I knew what happened."

Sirius and Sawyer exchanged a look as Kreacher shivered slightly. 

"Harry, why do you believe it?" Sirius asked. "Moody is a great Auror, but he isn't really on the sane side of things these days." Sirius stepped closer, resting a hand on his shoulder. "I won't deny it, Dumbledore's acting shady around you and about you, and he suspects that something's happening, but being possessed?"

"You don't believe it?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Harry, I'll believe it when I see it." Sirius grinned, and suddenly seemed a lot younger. "You're my Godson. I may have only known you for a couple of years, but I don't think you're anything more than hormonal, scared and confused at the moment."

"But--"

"No buts," Sawyer cut in coldly. "I'm not saying it out of affection, so you know it's true. You and Riddle, you've got a connection. And if you believe what happened was you being possessed, it means that you can also possess him. Can you?"

Harry frowned, deep in thoughts. "I mean, I can see sometimes things that I think are Voldemort's situations... Like when I saw him with Wormtail last year--"

"Then it's the same. Connection is not possession."

"But I was the snake, not him--!" Harry attempted, making Sawyer huff.

"Harry, I'm not saying it again. Nagini and Riddle also have a connection," she paused, wondering if Harry would remember those words in due day. She shrugged, "you can keep thinking you're being possessed, but I just think you're the weaker side of the two and Riddle's easily invading your mind."

"But I wanted to hurt Dumbledore-"

Sawyer was getting mad when she stopped him again. "Dumbledore is very annoying indeed, and I will say this for the very last time. You. Share. A bloody. Connection." The dark haired girl huffed loudly, before forcing a smile. "Now, let's hang the Christmas decorations."

"Is that really the time?" Harry asked gloomily, "Mr. Weasley just passed away--"

"Harry go to your room and don't leave it," Sawyer snapped. "I'd rather not see and hear you mopping around, you dramatic little--"

Sirius clamped a hand on Sawyer's mouth, and smiled brightly. "Rest up a bit, get a cup of tea, and join us. We'll start in the entry hall."

Harry shot Sawyer a look, turned to Sirius and then nodded. "Alright. I'll be back..."

He shuffled to the kitchen, leaving Sawyer to shrug as Sirius shook his head.

"You're even worse than your mother."

"I'll take it as a compliment," she grinned cheekily, and then went ahead to grab a broom. "Come on guys! Let's get this house to be sparkling clean by the time everyone's back!"