b. four

The three days at the Burrow flew by with visions of Arthur Weasley tugging at Sawyer's mind, as she ignored it happily, hanging out with the Weasley siblings (minus Percy, who held grudge for the Pervy comment), and they soon passed, Sawyer leaving and going back to her home, Meeko meowing in defeat as he's been carried away from his new friends, the Weasleys.

Going back to the almost silent house her and Remus shared at the outskirts of London was wuite depressing after she's gotten used to the constant noise and laughter filling their house.

"Hey Remus," she greeted quietly as she shut the front door behind her, Meeko already going to the bed he owned at the corner of the living room.

"Hi Sawyer, was everything okay at the Weasley's?"

"Yeah, it was cool," she grinned lightly, and Remus nodded, turning back to his book. "Want some coffee?"

"Sure, two─"

"Teaspons of sugar, I know," she grinned, walking to the small kitchen. She opened one of the white wooden cupboards, taking out the black coffee jar as she heated the water, walking over to a drawer that had five cups; one less than what they had when Sawyer went to the Burrow. "Remus, did you break another cup?"

"Yeah," he admitted, "I'll buy a new set when I'll go shop for groceries tomorrow."

Sawyer sighed, she needed to get a job. It was impossible for a fourteen years old girl, but but she needed to get money somehow.

The water boiled, and she grabbed two cups, making the two of them coffee. She walked over, sitting by him on faded fabric of the brown sofa, setting the two cups on the dark brown coffee table.

Remus placed down the Daily Prophet, turning to Sawyer. "Okay, I'm gonna cut the chase."

"I'm adopted? I knew it," she told him seriously, and he sighed. Serious was never something he could be for long around Sawyer, and that went both ways.

"Sawyer."

"Sorry, sorry. You're pregnant?"

"Shut up for a moment?" She grinned widely, raising her hand and feigning a locking motion around her lips. "May I?" she nodded, raising the coffee cup, taking a sip of the the still burning hot liquid. "Dumbledore is coming over."

The mixture of the surprise and the heat caused her to choke a bit, but she quickly recovered.

"Excuse me? Dumbledore? As in the Headmaster, Dumbledore?"

"Just the one."

"What for, exactly?"

"I've no clue," Remus admitted calmly, raising the coffee cup to his lips, sipping from it in complete calm. "Behave yourself when he's here?"

"I'm an angel, aren't I?" she grinned, looking as devious as ever.

"Just the word I'd use to describe you, Sawyer."

"I detect a cynical tone in your voice."

"What a bloody genius."

::

"Be home by evening," Remus instructed the girl, who  nodded, already ready to go out. It was a week and a half before the term would begin, and she had to shop for new books and robes, as her old ones were getting faded and slightly short. "And don't stir up troubles."

"I never do," she told her guardian, who shook his head, sighing.

"Off you go."

"Bye Remus, bye Meeko!"

She went through the usual ceremony of greeting Stan and Ernie, paying and telling them she needed to get to Diagon Alley today. Ever since she was five her and Remus traveled using the Knight Bus, and ever since she's been nine she used it to travel on her own.

Growing up with a man who could roughly take care of you makes you grow up quicker and quite independent.

"How've you been?"

"Quite alright, Ern," Sawyer grinned at the odd-looking man. "How long are you gonna keep up that job? Your legs must be killing you."

"It gets me by," was all the elder man said, before the two fell silent. Soon enough, they dropped her off at Diagon Alley, and the girk decided to test her theory.

A year prior, she tried buying something at a muggle market, and was gawked at as she tried paying with gold. It was worth a shot, she decided, sauntring to Gringotts, getting some money out of the vault her and Remus shared.

Gold was worth a lot in the Muggle World, and she felt bad for weighing down on Remus, even when he now had a job as the new Defence Against Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts, so she decided to try and sell Wizard Money for Muggle Money- not much, just a bit- and then trade it at Gringotts back to Wizard Money.

It was pretty simple, and she wondered how did no one do it before.

Well, they still write with feathers.

::

"You've stirred troubles, right?"

"Why are you saying something like that?" Sawyer grinned lightly as she walked over to Remus, Meeko in her arms.

"That smile of yours, it's always bad news."

"Well, I... You know how Galleons are golden?" Remus nodded, watching her as she sat down, "well, they're pure gold, actually."

"Alright."

"And they're worth a lot at the Muggle's world."

"Did you do what I think you did?"

"Maybe?"

Remus stayed silent for a moment as Sawyer expected to be yelled at, watching him as his exprassion changed from anger to confusion to interest to complete calm.

"How much money did you get?"

"Quite a bit."

"Is it legal?"

"I've no idea."

The two sat in silence for a moment, not sure what happened. "Don't do it again, and keep quiet about that little scheme."

"Yes professor," she grinned happily, standing up and rushing off to her bedroom.

"And stop reading that morbid books about death, Sawyer!"