Ziam-Where do broken hearts go?

Liam and Zayn were happy, they had no reason not to be. Zayn is an international artist his paintings go up to 80000 pounds and that's saying something. Liam was just his nobody boyfriend going to Uni to become a Chef. When Liam found out he was thrilled but before he found out Zayn confronted him and broke it off, driving away with a blonde model and taking his heart with him. 

Liam's POV

I sit stroking my five month baby belly looking at the window as the snow falls, when my phone rings. 

"Liam Payne." I announce placing my hand on my back. You wouldn't think a baby the size of an artichoke would cause so much pain but guess what, it does. 

"You approached me about four months ago right after you graduated to open up a restaurant. It's Mr. Barnes." The man states

"Oh yes, I remember." I reply easing myself down into the chair. I am living in a two bedroom apartment living off of a waiter salary and it's not much at all but it's enough to get by.

"I want to accept your offer. I will put up the money but this is all you." He states sternly. 

"Thank You so much, i'll drop by tomorrow and gather everything up. 

*4 months later*

"Baby, can you believe it. We're opening our restaurant up tonight." I whisper to my belly as I button up my black blazer. 

"You betrer not decide to make an appearance until after ten o'clock." I scold as I make my way over to my restaurant. I named it Mercedes, the name I also picked out for my little munchkin in my belly. 

All in All the night was a success and I didn't start feeling pain until I was driving home. It caused me to slam on the brakes and turn around. I honestly don't know if this is false labor or not, but I need to make sure and the only way to do that is to go to the hospital. 

When I get there the doctor takes one look between my legs and gives me a skeptical look. 

"What's the matter?" I ask as another pain passes. 

"When did you start feeling any pain?" He asks. 

"I felt the first pain when I was half way home from my restaurant opening. I told my baby not to make an appearance until after ten o'clock." I mutter rubbing my belly. 

"Well, she listened, you're ten centimeters dilated. I'm going to break your water and then you'll be able to push. .

When I felt the gush of water between my legs I was hit with the worst contraction yet. 

"JESUS CHRIST!" I scream and hunch over. 

"Mr. Payne, are you doing this alone?" The doctor asks after the contraction had passed and he was getting everything ready for delivery. 

"The baby's other father and I were fine and then all of a sudden he showed up with a model and said we were through. I didn't understand why and then a week later I found out about munchkin and now here we are." I state as he gets the rolly chair between my legs. 

"Well, I am sorry to hear that. I need a big push now though." He instructs as I nod and do as I am told. 

After 40 minutes a small body released from my body and I sigh of relief washed over me. 

"It's a girl." He cheers placing the bloody, gunky baby on my chest. 

"Mercedes Allison Payne." I smile down at her and lean down to kiss her. Ignoring the taste of matallic, and amniotic fluid. 

After she was a cleaned up I admired the olive skin and dark hair of the baby.

"You look so much like your other daddy." I say to her as we were left in the room alone. 

*15 YEARS LATER*

Zayn's POV

"What is this place called?" I ask my manager, Dave. 

"Mercedes. It's really elegant and I think it'll be the perfect place to hold your next exhibition." He replies. 

"Mercedes, that's a pretty name." I state as we pull up to the building. 

Walking in I am dressed in a pair of ripped black jeans and an old band tee that Liam, my Liam that I never should have given up, bought me on the last Christmas we spent together. It was ACDC. 

"David, can I like go home and change, this is way too elegant." I state.

"Relax, it is only going to be you, the owner, and his daughter. It's only four and it doesn't open until six." Dave pushes me to the door where a girl with dark brown almost black hair and tan skin opens it up for us. 

"Zayn Malik, this is my manager David Johnson. We are looking for the manager." I state

"Oh yeah, dad was expecting you...Well, not you but an artist." She replies leading me to a room. 

"Dad! I have the artist here." She yells through an oak double door. 

"SEND HIM IN!" I voice I only knew as Liam's echos through and my heart rate picks up. 

"Go on in." She smiles opening the door and sure enough, there he was the Liam Payne, the man I shouldn't have walked away from staring right at me. 

"Zayn?" He stutters.

"Hi Liam." I state shyly. 

"Mercedes, do you know who this is?" Liam asks the girl. 

"Yes dad, I know very well who he is." She looks at him and then back at the picture on Liam's desk. When I get a good look at it, I see a picture of Liam laying in a hospital bed absolutely drained with a baby wrapped in a pink blanket laying in his arms. 

"Oh My God." I say aloud as realization hits me. 

"What?" Dave asks as I look at Mercedes up and down and I see it, I see me.

"Dave, meet my daughter Mercedes." I sputter out 

"You have a daughter?" He asks.

"Yeah, When you told me to date Monica because it would help my image I had to leave the wonderful man sitting behind the desk." I sigh out looking into Mercedes eyes pleading for a hug. 

"I was pregnant. Mercedes Allison Payne was born on April 18th at one in the morning. Right after I opened up Mercedes." Liam smiles. 

I was about to leave when Mercedes wraps her arms around my waist. 

"Li, how much would it be to have my next exhibition here?" I ask rubbing Sadie's back. 

"It wouldn't cost YOU anything. I'm disapointed that we ended the way we did but that was almost sixteen years ago." Liam chuckles. 

"Thank You Li. But I want to pay you something." I say as Mercedes breaks the embrace. 

"All I want is dinner and an explanation." He sighs leaning back in his chair. 

"Marcala Lamb Chops and your house on Friday before the exhibit?" I ask

"My house isn't much but that'll work. Sadie works five to closing on Friday." He explains. 

"I'll be there at 6:30." I smirk. 

"Okay" He agrees. 

*2 years later*

"God Li, she's 17." I state as we watch Mercedes blow out her candles. 

"I know." He smiles kissing my cheek. 

I'm so glad I heard about Mercedes.

Mercedes Allison Payne

April 17th

1:15 am

5 lbs 7 ounces