Lirry-What We Became

Niall and Liam were divorced. It was a bitter divorce that left Niall with custody of their son Jaymes Michael Horan. Liam is only allowed to see his son when Niall or his new spouse, Louis, is present. The only reason he was denied custody is because he's a surgeon and no one knows when he'll be home, if he'll be home. Liam married Harry Styles  an obstetrician at the hospital he works at two years ago. Three years after his divorce.

alygleeson_ I think I took this in a different direction you wanted me too...but this is how I saw it in my head. I hope you like it. 

I made Niall the bad guy in this story and I hate that because I absolutely love him...He's been my favorite over the course of six years. 

***

When I met Harry it was awkward. His dad, Des Styles, had an operation on his foot. I was the lucky surgeon performing the operation. When his dad was healed and sent home I would find little notes littered around my office in the hospital signed Dr. HS. I didn't know who they were from until I saw Harry trying to give something to the receptionist and she called me over. It was an awkward exchange he had called himself my boyfriend and I had to play along. I didn't know that Des' son was an obstetrician at the the hospital. After she called me over, he pulled me aside and asked me out. After he left, the receptionist was happy that I had moved on quickly and he was an "Upgrade" from Niall. But he's not better than Niall in any aspect. Yes he makes more money, but they are both hot. However, Harry understands that I can't always be home, because he can't either. Babies are born every minute and some of them are his patients. I am at least mostly home at night where he sometimes will get called because he has to deliver a baby. Niall didn't get that my job was as demanding as it was. He was just happy I made a lot of money.  

Harry and I got married two years ago. It was a beautiful April day. Sadly, I had to invite Niall if my son was going to be the ring barer. He was being snotty through the whole thing and he kinda ruined it if i'm honest. Harry just held me, kissed my head and said it was okay. 

Currently, I am pregnant with twin girls and I am trying, trying be the key word, to clean my house. Jaymes is due here any minute with Niall and Louis for a visit. Ever since I went on maternity three months ago the visits went from once a month to biweekly. When the doorbell rings I am crouched down by the couch trying to sweep the dirt into the dust pan. 

"Dammit....I CAN'T GET UP IT'S OPEN!" I whisper the beginning and then yell to grab their attention. 

"Hey Liam, Jaymes fell asleep, so he's waking him up...What's the matter?" Louis asks.

"I was trying to sweep and I can't get up. Being nine months pregnant with twins is awful." I sigh as Louis grabs my arms and helps me up. 

"I know me mum had two sets. But hey you get to have two more babies to love and spoil." Louis smiles helping me sit down. 

"I don't really have one now. Jaymes hates me. Niall doesn't let me even get him birthday or Christmas presents. I gave birth to him and I don't even get to spend Christmas or his birthday with him.  It hurts." I sigh hugging a couch pillow to my chest. 

"I don't think Niall understands that. He thinks that you were never home and you didn't love them. I've tried to talk to him about it but he claims it's because I don't love him." Louis states. 

"His mom mentally and emotionally abused him." I reply. 

"I figured that's what it was." Louis smiles. 

Louis and I were best friends growing up. His mother and my mother worked together in the hospital. Jay was a midwife and my mom was a nurse. Louis and I grew up together. That makes this whole situation worse. He left me for my best friend.