Ziall-Old Friends, New Found Lovers

Zayn and Niall have been friends for the duration of their University years. It takes them till they graduate to figure out how they feel.

3rd person's POV

By their fourth year at University both Zayn and Niall were pinning after each other but they were too stupid to admit it. By the end of their second to last month of University, they were sitting at a picnic table in the Manchester U courtyard when Zayn finally got his courage up to talk to Niall about his feelings. 

"Niall, can I talk to you?" Zayn asks placing his fork down.

"Sure, what do you need to talk to me about?" Niall asks taking a sip of his raspberry drink. 

"Well, you see...Ever since we became roommates in year one I've kinda...Um Liked you. And I was wondering if you like me." Zayn says shyly looking down at his hands

"No." Niall shakes his head but a small smile is evident on his lips.

"Oh..Um..I guess I should..Go." Zayn says grabbing his satchel and placing it on his shoulder.

"Zayn, you didn't let me finish." Niall smiles

"What's there to finish. You don't like me." Zayn shakes his head

"I love you." Niall abruptly stands up and crashes his lips onto Zayn's.

"Will you...go out...with me." Niall asks between kisses. They are full out snogging at this point.

"Yeah, i'll go out with you." Zayn chuckles. 

The next Friday, Zayn accompanied Niall to a lovely dinner and a cheesy rom-com.

"That was the stupidest movie in the world." Niall laughs.

"Yes it was, the only reason I enjoyed any part of it was because I was with you." Zayn gives massive heart eyes towards Niall. 

*3 months later*

Pretty soon, Zayn and Niall were living in a small studio apartment. Zayn interning at an advertising agency. Niall trying to find work in the culinary field.

"Zayn, i'm worried." Niall states crossing his arms from the passenger seat of Zayn's old beat up truck. 

"Don't be, my parents will love you. And then in a week we are flying out to Ireland to meet your parents. It's gonna be great." Zayn chuckles turning on the highway heading to Bradford. 

The short one hour drive from their small apartment in Manchester to the beautiful two story house in Bradford felt like an eternity to Niall. 

When arriving at the Malik residence they were greeted by three girls. All wielding Zayn's looks. 

"Hey girls." Zayn chuckles wrapping all three in his arms. 

"Zaynie who is this?" The smallest one asks.

"This is my boyfriend Niall." Zayn tells her planting a firm kiss to her cheek.

"Nice to meet you." Niall says shyly. 

"This is my older sister Doniya, my little sister Waliyah and my youngest sister Safaa. Is mum in the house girls?" Zayn asks them as they nod and run into the house.

"Zaynie!" The woman squeals as soon as the five of them make their way into the house.

"Hi mum. This is my boyfriend Niall." Zayn hugs and kisses his mother.

"Hello dear how are you, Oh  I love that color on you." Trisha coos at Niall and gives him a hug. Niall blushes and looks down at his emerald green button down.