~Chapter 4~

~ Riley's POV ~

I awoke the next morning to the sound of giggling. I looked up to see Demi and Maddie. My head was resting on Demi's chest and my legs where laying across Maddie so we made an 'H' shape.

"What's so funny?" I asked glaring at my sisters.

"N-nothing" Demi chocked out. Her and Maddie still in a fit of laughter.

"Maddie, Demi breakfast" mom called from downstairs causing the two to immediately jump up and race downstairs.

I slowly got up and grabbed one of the shirts I got when I went shooing with Demi yesterday and a pair of skinny jeans. Once dressed I made my way into the bathroom so I could wash my face and brush my teeth and hair. On my way out the room something caught my eye, my reflection in the mirror.

'You need to lose weight'

"N-no I don't" I mumbled back.

'Its not worth eating breakfast this morning'

"But if I don't the will suspect something and I will disappoint them especially Demi"

'You will disappoint them more if you continue to gain weight' the voices shot back.

'Maybe they are right.' I do need to lose weight. I thought to myself as I stood in front of the mirror with my shirt up looking at my stomach. I am kind fat, it really wouldn't hurt to skip a few meals here and there. Right?

"Hey Ri, what ya thinking?" Demi said scaring me as I was still focused on the reflection of my body in the mirror.

"Nothing Dem's" I told her putting on a smile.

"Let's go get breakfast? I was waiting on you. I go worried when you didn't come down." She told me with a face of worry as I just continued to stare at my reflection.

"You're beautiful" she told me after a fe minutes of me not answering.

"No" I whispered back.

"Riley come here" she said as she sat down on my bed patting the space beside her.

"Why? So you can conTINUE TO FEED ME LIES!" I yelled on the verge of tears knowing that's exactly what she was going to do.

"Riley, I would never do that. Have I ever lied to you?" She asked me.

"Yes" I said quietly and hung my head low as them memory flooded back.

~ Flashback 2010 ~

"Demdem" I said as I slowly crept into her room with my two toy dragging across the floor, not seeing any signs of Demi. But I soon heard the bathroom door unlock and Demi came out with a tearstained face and her shirt sleeves pulled down over her hands.

"What Riley!" She snapped, looking at me with a face of disgust.

"I-I just, I heard you crying. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I told her hugging my doll and teddy bear to my chest.

"I'm fine now leave" she snapped again and started pushing me out the door. But before she could fully push me out the door I turned and gave her a hug, well more like I hugged her legs since I was quite short for my age.

"Here, teddy always keeps me safe from the monsters so maybe I thought he could help you" I told her and shoved the bear at her and watched her take it from my hands as more tears fell down her face.

"I love you Demi" I said hugging her again.

"I love you too baby girl" she told me as I left the room with my doll and headed back over to my room across the hall.