~Chapter 16~

"Bea, I am so sorry I...Maddie....and...yeah" I said looking down unable to form a proper sentence.

"Hey, girls" my mom said walking past us.

"Hey Mrs. De La Garza" Bea said with a smile and I took this as my chance to bolt back up to my room. But of course I again bumped into someone.

"Whoa were you going princesa" I heard the all too familiar voice of one Mr. Wilmer Valderrama.

"I uh Maddie....Bea...mom...ran" I again said not making a full sentence trying to catch my breath.

"Whoa baby girl take a deep breath then tell me what's going on" Demi said. I didn't even know she was there till she spoke.

"I chased Maddie, then ran into Bea. It was really awkward then mom came by and said hi so I bolted then yeah" I said to Demi.

"Why was it awkward with Bea?" Demi asked.

"I made a fool of myself. I ran into her and then tried to explain but made no sense just like with Wilmer a minute ago." I said looking down again. Honestly my head has looked pretty much at the floor the whole time other then the few glances up at Demi.

"Princesa, you gotta keep that head of yours up before your tiara falls beautiful. And so what if you messed up. I will tell you like I tell Demi. It's nothin but a thing. Learn from what you did wrong and remember we all screw up so don't get yourself down about it" Wilmer said after he lifted my head up to look at him.

"Wilmer is right babe, don't beat yourself up over this. I'm here if you need me okay" Demi said kissing the top of my head while hugging me. Wilmer soon joined the hug, then I heard some one scream.

"Group hug! I wanna join!" Bea screamed then joined in wrapping her arms around my waist causing tingles to erupt throughout my body.

"I have to go" I said wiggling out of everyone's grip and bolted towards my room shutting and locking the door behind me.

'What am I supposed to do? Bea is always hanging out with Maddie when she isn't busy. So that means she's here all the time'

'How am I supposed to hide my feelings from not only Maddie but Bea as well' I sighed to myself and let my head rest against the closed door as I let my thoughts consume me.

"Hey, can I um come in?" Bea said with a knock.

"Uhh umm. I just want a little alone time right now." I said really not wanting to face her or anyone for that matter.

Sure I felt better about the whole awkward bumping into her thing earlier but still. I still don't really like Wilmer but he doesn't seem too bad. I've only really seen him 3 times and the first time I ran off.

"Baby, it's Demi and Wilmer can you let us in? Bea said you wouldn't let her in" Demi said with worry laced throughout her voice.

"Yeah coming." I said standing up and unlocked the door then walked over to my bed and sat.

"Come in" I said as I sat my hands in my lap.

"What's up buttercup?" Demi said with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"I-I'm confused. I don't know what to do" I said as a few tears streamed down my cheeks.

"What don't you know what to do?" Demi asked.

"With Bea. Dem's I really really like her. But she's Maddie's friend I don't want to take that away from her" I said not caring that Wilmer was sitting next to me on the side Demi wasn't.

"Then just tell Maddie about your feelings towards Bea and then see what she says. That's all you can do baby girl. I wish I had all the answers for you but I don't we have to go about this and learn together" Demi said and kissed the top of my head.

"She's right princesa" Wilmer said resting his hand on my knee.

"Why do you call me that?" I asked him.

"Because you are a princesa." He said and poked my stomach causing me to laugh.

"Then why don't you call Maddie that? Or Demi?" I questioned.

"Well Demi isn't my princesa obviously. And because Maddie isn't. There's something about you Riley, you remind me of my little sister and I always called her princesa so I started calling you that." He said. (Not sure if Wilmer has a little sister but he will for this story.)

"How old is she?" I asked curiously.

"She just turned 14" Wilmer said with a smile.

"Oh cool so she's Maddie's age" I said with a sigh.

"Yeah she is" he said with a chuckle.

"Can y'all go. I want to be alone" I told them hoping they would leave.

"Wilmer you go ahead I will be out in a minute" Demi said and Wilmer did as told. Of course not forgetting to give Demi a kiss before he left shutting the door behind him.

"Demi I just want to be alone I need to think" I whined.

"I know. But how have you been?" She asked eyeing my wrists.

"I've been doing okay I said bring my sleeves up to around my elbow and showed her my wrists. Nothing new other than the cuts from before I got my cast but those are already healed.

"I'm proud of you." Demi said happily with a smile.

"Thanks Dem's. Now can you go? Leave the door open but make sure no one comes into my room yeah?" I asked.

"Yep I can do that." She told me as she walked out my room as I tugged my sleeves back down covering my arms again.

~~~~~~~

"Hey Mads. Can we talk?" I asked nervously standing I the doorway where her and Bea were sat laughing and playing cards against humanity with Demi and Wilmer.

"Yeah sure" she said setting the cards down as Demi sent me a look that asked "your telling her?" And I just nodded at her and she smiled at me.

Maddie and I walked to my room and I shut the door behind me.

"So what do you need to talk to me about." she asked concerned.

"Umm, well I like someone but you are really good friends with them. And I just want your opinion before I tell them how I feel" I told her.

"Alright well who is it?" She asked curiously and with a bit of relief in her voice.

"Bea" I said quietly.

"REALLY?" Maddie said with no emotion.

"Yeah" I said worriedly not knowing if it was a good or bad "really".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 votes and 1 comment for next chapter.