~Chapter 7~

Demi's POV

I woke up and looked at my baby sisters sleeping figure, she was cuddled up with Teddy and her lips where slightly parted as her soft snores sounded throughout the room. She stirred a little as I got up causing the blanket to slip down revealing her arms they where covered in scars and a few cuts that looked a few days old. I looked at her with confusion as to why she'd do this to herself. This was what I didn't want to happen, for Maddie of her to go down the same path as I did. I will have a talk with her about this later.

I quietly walked out of my room shutting my bedroom door behind me and went downstairs. I heard people in the kitchen talking so I walked in there

"Hey mom, hey dad" I said smiling at them and sitting down at the bar.

"Hey sweetie, would you like a glass of orange juice" she asked

"yeah sure." I said with a smile. She got me a glass of juice and handed me my medication I have to take every day.

"Thanks" I told her then quickly took the pills.

"So are you and Riley on better terms now?" Dad asked.

"Huh? Um yeah I guess" I said a little confused.

"I was just wondering your mom told me that she saw Riley curled up in bed next to you this morning" dad said with a small smile.

"Oh yeah that. She was a little upset so she came and slept in my room" I said like it was no big deal because honestly it wasn't.

"Oh, what was wrong? Is she okay?" My mom asked joining in on the conversation.

"Yeah she's better. And it's nothing to worry about. Mads and I took care of it" I said smiling at how mature my little sister is becoming.

"I heard my name. Demi are you talking about me?" Maddie said walking into the kitchen and shooting me a playful glare.

"Yep, I was just telling mom and dad about how annoying you are." I said sticking my tongue out.

Mom was just finishing plating up breakfast when she told me to go get Riley up. I nodded and walked up the steps and to my room. Riley was still sound asleep.

"Hey Ri, breakfast is ready. Time to get up" I said shaking her slightly.

"Okay" she mumbled and sat up.

"Here put this on" I said tossing her one of my sweatshirts.

"Thanks" she said looking down after she slipped the sweatshirt on.

Riley's POV

"You don't hate me do you?" I asked her, knowing she saw my cuts.

"No, of course not. Let's go eat. We will talk later" she told me kissing the too of my head.

I grabbed teddy and walked downstairs demi following behind me. I plopped down in my seat, Maddie opposite of me, and dad next to me on the end.

Demi soon walked over to the table and sat a plate in front of me.

"I'm not hungry" I mumbled and pushed the plate away from me.

"Riley you need to eat" mom said giving me a stern glare. I mummer out an inaudible response and take a bite of the eggs on my plate.

Once breakfast was over mom and dad said that they are going to go out for a few hours and to not wreck the house because Dallas is going to come for dinner and that Demi had invited a friend as well.

~~~~~~~

'It's now or never' I thought.

"H-hey Dem's. Can we talk?" I asked her nervously.

"Yeah sure. Maddie, Ri and I will be in my room"

"Ri do you still want me to come with you?" Maddie asked. I just shook my head in response and walked up to Demi's room.

~~~~

"Hey" Demi said walking into her room.

"Hi" I mumbled not looking up at her. I was already holding back tears and I knew if I looked at Demi they would all spill out.

"Hey, look at me. I want to see your beautiful face" Demi said with a caring tone in her voice.

"She doesn't care!"

"Yes she does!"

"Why would she care about a fuck up like you?"

"Riley shh, it's okay." I heard Demi say trying to calm me down before I ended up having a panic attack.

"N-no it's not Dem's" I said letting the waterworks start.

"Shhh. I'm here now. It will be okay. I will help you through this." She said rubbing circles on my back. I wasn't sure if I totally believed her but it's worth a shot. I'm not fully ready to talk about all of this yet thoug, but I knew I'd have to tell do some stuff.

"So what do you have to ask me? I'm ready to get this over with" I told her quietly.

"What makes you do this to yourself?" She said moving my sleeves up.

"People, they don't like me. And I have no idea why." I told her.

"People at school, online, who baby?"

"E-everyone I-in my c-class. And your fans online like you saw. I don't think even my teachers like me" I said as I cried into her chest.

"Baby calm down." Demi said as my breathing started to become uneven and my heart rate picked up. Hearing her call me baby mad my heart melt. She hasn't called me that in a long time.

"D-don't leave me"

"I won't but you need to calm down Riley." She said continuing to rub my back.

"S-sing" I told her.

I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
But bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale

After that I fell asleep to Demi's heartbeat and singing, cuddled up into her chest. I felt content. As much as I make it seem like I don't like Demi I really do, I love her. She's my big sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this wasn't posted sooner, meaning like yesterday. This chapter was longer then intended. But it's 6 am and I just finished getting this written.

Please leave comments. I really want actual feedback!

Comment,
Vote
&
Share!