~Chapter 35~

The last few days have been like walking on eggshells with Demi. If one of us even looks at the other wrong we end up in a fight. Wilmer is terrified to leave either of us alone. So right now while Wilmer is off with Demi, Marissa is at the house with me.

"Mar! I'm hungry" I whined from the couch next to her.

"What do you want kiddo?" She said with a smile as it's rare that I actually ask for food.

"Pizza? Wilmer said he got my fav frozen cheese pizza in the freezer can I have that?" I begged.

"Yep. Sounds good" she said with a smile.

"Oh mar can you bring me back a Gatorade please" I asked as she walked off into the kitchen.

"Sure ri, which one?"

"Grape!" I called back flipping through the channels.

"Riley, has anyone taken you to the doctors since you know what happened?" Marissa asked. I nodded in response.

"Okay just making sure. I was going to set up an appointment if they hadn't" she said kissing the top of my head and handing me the Gatorade.

~~~~

"Thanks Mar." I said as I ate my 3rd and final slice of pizza.

"No problem baby" she smiled.

"Lets go let batman out for a walk yeah?" She suggested.

"Yes. Oh my god! Batman!!!!" I called out as I ran to the front door grabbing his harness and leash. I heard the pattering of his feet as he ran down the steps and when he hit the  hardwood floor he slide across it and into my legs.

"Oh my god. Are you okay" I asked the hyper puppy even though he couldn't answer. He looked at me and licked my face before I sat him down getting him ready for his walk.

"Come on" I told Mar excitedly.

"Alright I'm coming hold on." She said walking out of the living room texting someone on the phone. It was probably Demi or Wilmer letting them know we are going out.

"Come on batman" I said opening the front door and leaving it open for Marissa.

"I'm playing music" I told Marissa as we were walking around in the gated community. (Don't think I mentioned but they live in a gated community. It fits okay!)

"Alright" she said not even paying me any attention.

I unlocked my phone and opened up my music pressing on Pierce The Veils new album Misadventures and pressed play on Floral & Fading. It was my favorite off the album by far then it would have to be The Divine Zero.

"Oh my god! What do you have us listening to!" Marissa whined.

"Shhhhh my fave part is coming up." I said looking at her sternly. I prepared myself to get ready and belt out the lyrics.

"D-d-d-darker now
Kicked out and sleeping in your car
You roll the window down enough to dream and make-believe
Our lights knocked out, turned upside down
And I'm just a stupid motherfucker
Can't figure it out" I screamed out causing Mar to glare at me for the language but laugh none the less. (Yes I used this song in I'm Messaging Who? But it's a good song!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to @kathryn_sinclare you are so sweet. Xx