~Chapter 29~

"Hey, take your stuff up to your room" Demi said handing me my bag. I did as told then walked back down.

"How has she been doing?" I heard mom ask Demi as I was stood outside the kitchen.

"She's doing better. The first night home she ran away. She was mad at me because I went out with Wilmer and left her home with Marissa. But she had bruises on her arms and when I confronted her about them she said she didn't know where she got them from. That's been the only difficulty I've had with her so far other then she's not really been opening up much and her weird eating habits." Demi said.

"I'm glad she's doing better. It's been a little over a month since she first went with you have you tried asking about the incident again and how she got the bruises?" Mom asked.

"No, I mean I talked it out with Marissa and then with Wilmer later on and they both said if it was anything serious that she would talk when she was ready. And I mean it's very likely she doesn't know how she got the bruises. She's related to me and we all know how clumsy I am." Demi said with a chuckle.

"They are right honey, I'm sure if it was anything serious that she would have told you. Don't worry yourself so much." Mom said to Demi and either hugged her or put a hand on her shoulder because that's just how mom is with this stuff.... Well with Demi anyways. I walked into the living room and turned the tv on and started to flip through the channels before someone caught me eavesdropping.

"Hey Ri" Demi said with a smile walking into the living room but as soon as she looked at me her smile dropped.

"Riley what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She asked worried.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked her as I brought my hands to my face and felt the wetness of tears.

"Oh I didn't even know I was crying. Must be allergies or something" I said with a laugh. Causing Demi to plaster a fake smile on and chuckle.

"Hey Dem's, I'm alright. I promise." I told her with a smile and hugged her before deciding to watch dateline on the ID channel.(I believe that what channel that comes on. Lol)

While watching tv with Demi I felt my phone buzz. I took it out my pocket and saw it was Marissa.

Marissa: Hey baby girl, how are you? Demi said you were crying earlier.

God can Demi not keep a secret? Like damn, I don't tell you things because I want you to blab them to the whole world I thought as I responded to Marissa.

Riley: yeah I'm good Mar, just watching some tv with Demi. ☺️ and yeah how many people has she told that to? 😒

Marissa: that's good. And she just worries about you that's all Riley.

Riley: Well she shouldn't. I'm not 5 and she's not my mother. I don't see why she goes around blabbing all this shit about me to people! If she tells anymore people the press will get ahold of it and shit will get serious. I'm sick of her telling all my secrets.

By this point I was fed up and just cut my phone off completely not even bothering to wait for Marissa to respond knowing she would only take Demi's side on things.

"Ri, you want something?" Demi asked as she got up.

"Umm yeah water." I replied not looking away from the tv screen. This case just got really interesting. The police suspects it's the brother because his alibis don't check out, but it's not it's the best friend I know it. Nothing adds up about her story. Like yes her alibi checks out but everything else she's said doesn't. She's defiantly the one that killed her best friend.