~Chapter 26~

"Riley. That was uncalled for" Demi called after me as she followed me up the steps after I had slammed my door shut.

"No it wasn't "uncalled for" okay Demi! Just leave I'm through talking about this" I yelled at her through my bedroom door.

"Riley, I don't know what's going with you. Why the sudden change?" Demi said quietly. I heard her slide down my door sitting on the floor. I mimicked her actions and sat against my door.

"I'm sorry okay. I don't know how I got the bruises. I don't know what's going on okay." I said back to her as my voice shook and tears streamed down my face.

"Okay. Well I will be downstairs if you need me" Demi said as I heard her shuffle to her feet and walk down the steps.

~~

"Mar I don't know what to do. I know she said she doesn't know how she got the bruises but I'm worried." Demi said as she paced around the kitchen.

"Dem's you have to give her time. If something happened she will talk to you when she is ready okay" Marissa said looking at the pacing girl in front of her.

"I know b-but what if someone hurt her. It would be all my fault. Mar how could I have let this happen. I shouldn't have gone out with Wilmer last night. God I'm so stupid" Demi said as she fell to the floor and cried. I put my feelings aside and ran over to Demi and embracing her in a big hug.

"Shh, nothing could have changed any of this. It's not your fault okay. It's not Mars either it's no ones." I said trying to calm her down. It worked a little bit but she was still breathing heavily and uneven.

"M-mar come calm her down I-I can't" I said swiftly moving away from my older sister and sat against the kitchen cabinets and tucked my legs against my chest and watched as everything happened and unfolded in front of me.

"Demi you need to calm down, match my breathing" Marissa said. Demi nodded as Marissa continued to talk to her.

I didn't bother listening to what Mar was telling Demi, instead I was sitting, watching, and thinking. If I hadn't of come Demi wouldn't be sitting on the floor having a panic attack. Why did I even come? I don't want to be here. I want to be home with mom and dad. I'm only a burden to Demi anyways.

~~~

"Riley" I heard someone calling my name.

"Huh what?" I asked confused.

"You zoned out" Demi said sitting in front of me.

"Oh sorry" I said looking down. I didn't mean to get consumed into my thoughts.

"It's okay. How about we go get some stuff for your room. Maybe fairy lights and paint if you want" Demi said resting her hand on my knee.

"No I'm good. I just want to stay here" I told her.

"You sure? You said you always wanted fairy lights in your room at home so I figured let's get you some." Demi said looking at me.

"No it's okay Dem's" I said with a smile.

"Okay, then let's go to the movies?" She suggested another idea.

"No. You and Mar can go see one if you want. I don't want to go out." I told her and got up and walked to my room.

I sat on my bed and put headphones in letting the sounds of TØP fill my ears as I let my mind wander.

I didn't plan on telling Demi anytime soon about what happened. I am thinking about telling her I want to go back home though. I mean in all honesty I feel me being here isn't good for her and I'm sure she feels the same way I do. I don't even know why I agreed to come with Demi and Wilmer in the first place. Speaking of Wilmer I haven't seen him all day. I guess he had a shoot or something.

I felt my eyes starting to get heavy until my phone went off alerting me I had a text. I looked at my lockscreen and saw it was Bea. I unlocked it to read the text.

Bea: Hey, I'm sorry about all that has happened. I didn't know you left, Maddie told me today. I was going to come talk to you. I guess I have to do it over text now, I hate this. So you know how I ran out the other day when you said you liked me and stuff. Well I wanted to come over and tell you I liked you back. I was scarred, I've never felt this way about someone before and it's even scary ire because I've never felt any sort of attraction to girls until you. So I'm sorry. And I know long distance thugs don't work well but can we maybe see how this works out and maybe when you come back we can actually be together?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think will happen?

What will Riley say?

Any suggestions.

5 votes and 2 comments for next chapter ☺️

Love you

Vote, Comment & follow my twitter @/BringMeThe_Demi