CH 7: Surfs & Silent Bonding

Listen to Wise Enough by Zac Abel
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Chapter 7

My imagination ran wild as I thought of so many theories of how they could have possibly known each other.

Amber and Ryder?

There has to be a good explanation for such a coincidence right? I pushed the idea to ask him to the back of my head until I knew for sure instead of just assuming things like I usually do.

Ryder emerged out of the house and grabbed the bags from the car knowing full well that I was gawking at him. He purposefully flexed his muscles like he was some kind of professional bodybuilder.

Wow, this guy was so full of himself.

Not that I was looking at the beautiful specimen just observing. He looked up at me smirking and mouthed, "Missed me?"

Duh.

Trying to act casual with my response I pretended to vomit while slowly choking myself to death. He chuckled and entered the house.

Back to reality Shay!

I grabbed my beach bag and packed all my necessities including a novel which was due in English,sunscreen and a scrapbook and pen in case I found inspiration. I finally decided on my new tie dye bikini. I slipped on a white sundress and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail letting my brunette curls fall copiously down my back. The unresolved issue of Amber and Ryder's connection was still bothering me but I pushed it out of my thoughts. It was irrelevant and I wouldn't concern myself with it.

"Someone's in a rush," spoke a deep voice from behind me.
Speak of the devil himself.
Whirling around, Ryder was leaned casually against my window seal holding a packet of cigarettes in his hand. I had to swallow down the urge to give him a lecture on how he was trying to blacken his lungs.
"Sure, just invite yourself in and you better not smoke in here," I mumbled while rummaging through my drawers looking for the car keys to beg Franny if she could drop me in my car since she'd been my personal driver this entire week.

Damn it.

Remembering that Morgan had taken my car since he's was being serviced I had to think of other options. There was the spare car but I didn't wanna drive and I knew Franny was exhausted also. I was going to avoid it as long as I could.

Paying attention back to the narcissistic jerk he was currently in my closet staring thoughtfully at all of my canvases.

Now he's gone too far.

I yanked him out and shut the doors. "There not done yet, so you can't rate them and if you have any negative comment about them then you can gladly go and choke on your cigarettes."

"You're one of the weirdest girls I've met so far Shayreece." He took a step closer towards me. Not the comment I was aiming for, but I'll take it. I backed away from him and started fiddling with my finger nails.

Nervous habit.

He smirked knowing he had an effect on me.

"Ugh, fine you can tag along with me to this party since you seem lonely and in need of desperate attention but you're driving us there," I protested hoping he'd actually want to come. More importantly drive.

He stared at me as if I just told him that Rihanna and Chris Brown just got back together. Until he burst into hysterical laughter.

"What's so funny?" I shot him a deadpanned look.

"You actually thought I wasn't invited. That's a blow to my ego babe."

Babe. He'd just called me babe. Of course he'd obviously called other girls babe. But he'd never called me that. I would not smile like an idiot. Babe wasn't even a very nice word. I should be insulted.But I wasn't insulted at all. Crap.