CH 11: Carelessness & Confessions

Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Chapter 11

Oh my bubblegum.

Abbie was currently strutting in from the car park with a flock of freshmen followers by her side. It honestly felt like they were coming to deliver my death certificate on a gold platter.

Technically I wasn't scared of Abbie but lying was a whole new level and the guilt would've eaten me alive if I was confronted by her and to make matters worse with Ryder sitting opposite me.

I calculated the different ways of escaping in time before she could spot my existence. Ryder who hadn't answered my question yet kept asking if I were okay since I started behaving irrationally.

Panic mode activated.

Turning round he cussed when he saw her approaching the diner still unaware we were present. Until my brain found the best option out of this sticky situation.

Oh well. Here goes my dignity.

"Oops," I said, intentionally throwing my fork under the table sheepishly smiling. Before he could say anything I slid down the seat and huddled under the table. Luckily I was out of sight due to the long table cloths.

Bless your heart Sheila.

Before Ryder could pull me out of my hiding spot I bit his finger determined not to be exposed. I know that was a bit much but considering the circumstances I was willing to go to any lengths not to be caught by Abbie.

"What the hell?" He spoke incredulously while vigorously shaking his finger sticking his head under the table.

Before I could apologise I saw her red heels stop right in front of our table. Silencing myself while giving him a menacing look he rolled his eyes and sat back up knowing that he couldn't tell her.

"Ryder? What a surprise seeing you here." She cooed in a seductive low voice.

Oh for the love of monkeys.

I damn well knew, that this cunning girl had definitely flirted with one of the numerous geeks from school to track down Ryder's whereabouts somehow. Abbie wasn't the clingy type but when it came down to forming a relationship she'd ensure to have her fill of the new boys then cause drama to stir up more popularity and rumours solely based on her to prove that she'd always be the biggest and baddest bitch. It was just in her lifestyle.

I was currently in the most uncomfortable position and my height didn't help the matter. Bending my back I tried to avoid my hair from touching the icky gum stuck underneath the table. They continued to have a flirtatious chat which nearly had me gagging until Abbie decided to slide into my seat oblivious that I was under the table. Huffing I leaned closer to the wall so she wouldn't touch me. I tried to swallow the urge not to spit on her fake tanned legs.

So Ryder...what brings you to this little river shack?" She sighed loudly which indicated she was probably twisting her hair and biting her lip. Another sign of her trying to display her slut traits which majority of the guys had accustomed to.