CH 37: Sneaking Around & Party Plans

Listen to I Miss You by Clean Bandit Ft. Julia Michaels

Chapter 37

Reeling back from shock I placed my hands on his hard chest panting from that intense kiss that was so familiar and made me glow inside. The smell of pinewood and mint engulfed my nostrils making me weak at the knees.

The dim lighting streamed in from the dusty window showing the outline of his distinct cheekbones and angular jaw making me instantly realize who he was. Both our foreheads were touching and chests heaving making me wildly nervous.

Risk #20: Don't Overthink For Once.

I didn't know what it was that made me act so irrationally or out of impulse. Maybe, it was all the pent up feelings we had for each other or the tiny room space that added to the sexual tension. But I went for it.

Clasping my arms around his neck, I planted my lips against his making it passionate and deep, he was shocked at first before our tongues began to move in sync. I raked my hands through his soft hair, tugging at it, making him move closer, holding the sides of my waist. He was like a craving and I knew he wanted this just as badly as I did.

His warm hands began to move lower and my skin burned from his touch.

Breaking away for air, I did something else unexpected. I slapped his cheek, making him clench his jaw looking down. His thick eyelashes casted shadows under his eyes and his strong arched eyebrows were drawn together in disdain.

"You've been keeping secrets," I say breathlessly my heart still racing from our close proximity.

"So have you," he whispers hoarsely our eye contact unwavering. It was inevitable that he'd found out about the accident. I needed to tell him. Just not here.

My breath hitches in my throat when he advances closer, I'm able to see the silver flecks in his green eyes and the freckles dusted along his nose. We stay silent for awhile.

He begins to place butterfly kisses all along my collar bone. I gasp from satisfaction and how easily he can make me feel so weak and without self control when he's in charge.

"No...no we can't do this here," I pushed my hair over my flushed face. My heart was beating uncontrollably when he stepped back with a look of confusion.

"You can't just go and kiss me again. It's not right," I began to doubt my actions repeating myself shaking my head.

Placing his large hands on the side of my neck he made me look up into his soft eyes.

"No, it's right Shay. It's just not right now," he bit his lip smiling down at me his folds of dimples poking out.

Those words hit me hard and were exactly what I needed to hear. He lightly traced my face with his finger making me giddy inside.

"I hate hiding like this," I told him honestly.

"We won't have too for much longer," he looked down with a swooning assuring smile.

The second bell sounded signalling that classes already begun.

"We need to sort this through, though," I took his hand from my cheek and intertwined them whilst he fiddled with the rings on my fingers.

"Meet me after school." He whispered again kissing behind my ear making me shudder unable to speak from that gesture.

He opened the door and walked off casually down the opposite direction as if nothing happened. Luckily, the hallway was empty so no one saw us sneaking out.