CH 33: White Lies & Wild Thoughts

Listen to White Mustang by Lana Del Rey

Chapter 33

I languidly walked beside Jay who grabbed my arm holding it protectively neither of us saying a word, her face strained and worried.

"You can't tell anyone," I croaked out my eyes pleading. The last time I complained about a prank that was pulled on me, my parents forced me to go to therapy sessions in the psychiatric facility.

Since we never found the goons who were messing with me,the authorities along with my parents came to the conclusion I was hallucinating. I couldn't bare the thought of having to return to that monotonous prison. She was hesitant before giving in when I looked at her mercifully.

"Fine. But you can't do this alone," she stated when we turned a corner getting further away from the mist, the tall hedges mocked us as if we'd never escape.

"You have me."

"Do I?" I slowly wriggled my hand out of her grip and folded one arm across my chest with a straight face cradling a few scratches  I got from my rough fall.

She huffed out in a long sigh, running her hands through her unruly blonde hair.

"I'm guessing you already know. I'm sorry Shay, I shouldn't have kept it from you. We didn't think things through when we made out, we were both a little wasted the night it happened-"

"Do you like him?"

"What?" She jerked her head, her face full of shock at my abrupt question.

"It's over. I told him it was wrong and..and you're my best friend for crying out loud! I would never risk our friendship like that..."

"Yeah...but you still like him, don't you?" I was persistent to get the answer she knew was real.

"Nothing could come of it! He's moved on and so should I," she drooped her head, her eyes full of regret. I continued to search her face, with a stoic expression.

"Yes alright! I've fallen hard for your brother and at the worst time imaginable but I would give anything just to pour out all my feelings and be all romantic by confessing I have the hots for him despite it being cheesy, I like Morgan!" She yelled out in frustration out loud. Afterwards she looked taken aback like she'd never said it out in the open.

"Why aren't you cringing? I just declared how crazy I am for your brother," she ogled me weirdly.

"Did that psycho hit you on the head or something," she mumbled inspecting the back of my head.

Swatting her prying hands away, I let out a brief smile at her concern, "No. I just realized how much of a shitty friend I've been."

Risk #19: Becoming Selfless

"I've been so selfish thinking that if you guys became a thing...you'd forget about me, that you both would," I croaked out biting my lip to stop myself from whimpering.

"I know it sounds childish-" I choked out giving her a side humorless smile.

"What was that thing we agreed on when Jake Austin asked me to go to the movies with him in eighth grade and it was the same day as our Monday movie marathon night?" she interjected glancing at me knowingly her grey eyes glimmering.

The Risk To Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें