CH 17: Raiders & Resolution

Listen to Sexual by Neiked

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Chapter 17

"I'm too young to die!" I ran into the booth unplugging Tings spinner and shoving her stuff back inside her suitcase with her mouth agape at the realization. By now most of the gang members and men had fled the scene. Even all 6 race cars were no where to be seen. Only the immature few were trapped like birds in a cage.

Leaving all the drunk or doped college kids as bait to be arrested. How typical. Including the four of us since we were all still in the booth. The red and blue lights flashed outside when all the floodlights were cut giving everyone an advantage for a while in the dark.

I on the other hand was hyperventilating like a crazy person.

"I'M ALREADY DEAD. If my mom or dad ever find out-" I said pacing back and forth with all of us standing in the pitch black darkness.

"Get it together!" Ting gripped my shoulders, "Sydney has a plan." We all looked in his direction for reassurance since he was silently figuring out what to do. "Right Sydney?" She asked exasperated.

This bald dude better have some form of an escape plan.

He checked out the door to see how far they were. I was so terrified debating whether I should try and fit myself in the bag or run outside yelling 'surrender' with my hands behind my head.

"Those of you in hiding, we have you surrounded," Marcus's dad yelled approaching with a few rookies in tow. An unlikely perk of being in a small town was that someway, somehow you'd know everyone's parents. Including the town sheriff.

"They're a bit far behind. If we move now before the lights come back on we can make it back to our cars in time. Lets go," Sydney laid out the plan quickly picking up the suitcase and speakers effortlessly making a swift move out the door signaling for us to exit in a single file.

He didn't have to tell me twice.

Dashing out the door, we followed the trail we came in. Leaning against the wall each time the flashlights were shone in our direction. Lots of people from the crowd were being rounded up making a good distraction. I stopped in my tracks feeling like I had forgotten something behind. My bag.

Now this was gonna be on the tippy top top of 'Unintentional Screw Ups'.

"Come on!" Jay whisper shouted in her crouched position a few feet away from me noticing I didn't move.

"I forgot our bags!"

Her mouth dropped all the way open. Throwing her hands up in the air, "You had one job Shay! One job!"

Well,if you reminded me as oppose to day dreaming about Devon we wouldn't have been in this current situation. But this wasn't the time to quarrel over whose fault it was. If our bags were found on the premises, that was being searched for illegal activity there would be no way of getting out of this one discreetly.

She slid down the wall making shoo motions for me to hurry the hell up. She was making me go alone as pay back. Ugh. I wanted to break down and cry right about now.

"I'll be back, don't you dare move Jay," I threatened moving stealthily back to where I left it. Turning the corner, I hid behind the rusted iron and drums feeling the corners and my surroundings to help guide me in the darkness. When the coast was clear, I ran like my life depended on it straight into the empty field. Grabbing both our bags, the floodlights were switched on meaning that they located the power box. Crap.