CH 29: Forgive & Forget

Listen to Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie

Chapter 29

"Calm down Morgan!" I stepped quickly to the side when he tried reaching for my upper arm.

"Everyone's been out looking for you, the least you could've done was call!" I could tell he was aggravated when he swiped his hands through his hair furiously with his nostrils flaring.

"Well...I'm fine so just chill. We were about to leave anyway," I also picked up on how he didn't pay any attention to Ryder's presence who stood tense and quiet beside me.

"We'll talk about this later Shay," he said ignoring what I just told him like usual, opening the passenger door ushering for me to get in.

"No."

"Excuse me?!"

"You're excused." I folded my arms across my chest standing my ground. I wouldn't let him push me around anymore. Not only that, but he was embarassing me infront of the boy who nearly stole my first kiss.

That sounded majorly dramatic but impressions mattered to me and I didn't want Ryder thinking that my brother still treated me as a baby.

"Now's not the time for your bitchy attitude that he's got you acting up in-"

"You need to cool it, aight? We didn't mean to worry anyone. I was going to bring your sister back home safely," he interjected his voice strained. I could tell he was annoyed at Morgan's angered tone and the tense atmosphere that he brought.

He was my older brother and I never questioned his authority. I respected him alot but I could tell the feeling wasn't mutual between him and Ryder.

"What? Bring her home after you've screwed her in the woods?" Morgan spat out bitterly tugging at my arm. The way he said it scared me like he'd actually do it. His eyes were now fixated and his shoulders hunched as if challenging him to a fight.

I was still in shock from his words thrown at Ryder.

"He's not like that!" I hissed at Morgan pulling him back from doing that thing where guys puff out their chests and stick their chins in the air.

It was Morgan's classic move of showing his position especially to his teammates during a football game or to me to prove who won when we were fighting. It was becoming overrated.

"Shay, you're so gullible...I know he was gonna try something on you," he spoke to me warningly standing at the hood of the car waiting for me to get in.

"Let me get this straight," Ryder spoke up scrunching his face in confusion. I could tell he was pissed by the way his eyes were filled with malice. I was so eager to hear what he had to say.

We both turned to look at him. I knew he wouldn't argue that I leave with him because he understood Morgan's concern over me.

"So...you can sleep around, bouncing back and forth between my cousin and your sisters best friend but you can't even allow Shay to hang around other boys you don't like?"

Did I hear him correctly?
Did he just refer to Jay, my Jay and Morgan?
Nah. She would've told me. Right?

How was it that this boy just moved into town and knew more gossip than I did?

"What the hell is he talking about Morgan?" I focused the attention onto him my eyes drawn to slits and my lips pursed.

He looked stunned for a while. He opened his mouth but no words could come out. I could tell by the way his face fell it was the truth and the truth out. My brain was too jumbled to react. I just wanted to crawl in a cave upon realizing my best friend and brother did have a thing but didn't mention it to me. At all. Worst of all, I was too oblivious to notice.