CH 39: Orange Vodka & Spin The Bottle

Listen to Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man// Boomerang by Jidenna

Chapter 39

Lia pulled up into the driveway that was already filled with cars. Students were either making out near trees or daring each other to jump into the icy cold lake, those guys were definitely wasted.

The music was thumping loudly and the house was pouring with drunk students who were gonna be having really bad hangovers the next day.

"I'm glad you decided to come," Lia looped her arm with mine giving me a friendly smile.

"I wish I could say the same," I replied as we walked past a few guys who were doing a keg stand on the front lawn. We both laughed when one guy nearly fell back onto Jay who swore savagely at him.

"My main girl squad made it," Bryce stood at the front door inviting us in passing each of us a red cup. I hated to say it but he looked hot, dressed in jeggings and a Tommy Hilfiger shirt.

I took a long swig but didn't feel the burn at my throat. I gave him a dry look when I realized it was orange juice.

"Your brother instructed if you showed up, to lay off the alcohol...something about your new meds," he patted my shoulder pitifully like I was younger than all of them.

"I thought you didn't take orders," I challenged. Lia left, muttering something about finding Marcus.

"I don't," he shrugged his shoulders puffing his chest out. Bryce wrapped his arm around Jay's waist but she didn't push him away. Her mini skirt and midriff made it hard for any boy not to. Oh I see you Jay and the card you tryna play.

"You know, as weird as this might sound, you guys would actually make a hot couple," I observed as Jay whispered something in his ear making him chuckle.

"Yeah Jay, I can't wait for you to have my kids," he said in a cheeky sultry tone.

I burst into laughter as Jay started smacking his chest calling him an idiot. Somehow the three of us ended up on the dance floor. I was sandwiched between Danny and Zac who pulled out all their ridiculous dance moves making me giggle hysterically till I was in tears. For a moment I forgot about my troubles with Ryder, my attacker. I could just be.

A song later, Lia appeared by my side and we continued to hype Jay as she twerked on Bryce which she'd probably regret the next morning when I saw the amount of phones recording this.

"Aaayeeee!" We both yelled as a small circle was created around them. One of Bryce's home boys brought a chair for him to sit on so Jay could give him a lap dance. She was having so much fun so either of us weren't gonna stop her.

Bryce had the biggest smile ever like he'd just gotten his Christmas presents early. And I must say, all of her practices on empty chairs actually paid off! I felt like a proud mom.

But of course, the fun could never last long. My arm was yanked back till I was facing Morgan's stern look.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the library?" I asked in confusion.

"Go home. And take Jay with you." He said strictly it almost scared me enough to listen. "Where is she anyway?" He said in a cross tone. Breaking through the barricade of people behind me he stood there in shock, his mouth agape. Before yanking her from Bryce's lap and plopping her next to me.

"What the hell Morgan? You can have your fun with Miss Red Thot but some of us can't move on? Huh?" She snapped, squaring up, their chests touching. Well, I sure as hell wasn't included in this conversation anymore.