CH 35: Glitter Mermaids & Revenge Plans

Listen to You Don't Know by Justin Skye

Chapter 35

Emerging out from the steps in the pool, I spurted water out of my mouth shaking my head side to side trying to get more water out of my ear.

The sight would have been hilarious. My heavily drenched sweatpants dragging down my weight as I heaved it back up my waist. Squeezing my top I tied a knot revealing my flat tummy. Goosebumps soon erupted all over my tanned skin making me shudder in anger. I whipped my hair back and forth to get it a bit dry before it went into a curly frizzy frenzy. With my face set in a sour glower, I shook my boob cups making more water splurge out. It would have been funny. But it wasn't. Not one bit.

Stomping to the grass, I picked up the evil object that whacked into my sore, bruised back that I was currently rubbing soothingly. It was a wooden carved boomerang with intricate tribal designs. Luckily, the force of the hit wasn't too hard, otherwise my spine would've been injured as well.

Who the hell plays with a boomerang at this time of night?

Tucking it under my arm, I muttered gibberish profanities under my breath wanting to give the idiot who threw it, a piece of my mind.

The laughter and giggles from the other wall had grown oddly quiet leaving me muttering and saying "ughhh!" out loud every two milliseconds.

Steadily placing a barstool on top a foldable chair, I took a cautious step placing my foot directly on top and holding onto the edge of the large white wall with my hands raised.

"Why are you so damn high?!" I mumbled incoherently banging the wall which was a mistake cause I fell forward clutching onto the top of the wall my feet dangling. I felt something gooey when I moved my hand further up, retracting it quickly which was a wrong move because I ended up pulling what seemed to be a platter. Sending a plate of colourful glitter plummeting on the top of my head.

"Ughhh!" I whined stringing my hand through my hair that was now covered in rainbow colored glitter.I could feel it all on my face dropping down in pellets onto my clothing. Like this night couldn't get any worse.

And yes, the sight was pretty horrific. I looked like a walking disco ball.

Technically, it was my fault because I'd told the gardener to leave it there weeks ago when I was doing an art project. Typically, I had forgotten to come down and retrieve it. Instead I'd created a glitter bomb used on myself and at the worst hour possible.

Boosting myself over, I fluttered my eyes open a few times to try and detach my glitter glued eyelids. Finally gaining proper vision my eyes widened at what I saw. Ryder's backyard was lit with tiki torches and surfboards in each corner. It looked like a full on luau with flowers and lights draped on the trees.

"Oh my gosh! Lily look! A mermaid!" I heard a voice squeal excitedly from below me. Looking down, a young girl about the age of seven, with a cute bob cut was jumping up and down staring at me in awe.

"Huh? Where?" I swished my head around excitedly, until I realized they were referring to me and my glitter stained body.

"MERMAIDS ARE REAL!" another cute chubby girl with waist length hair squealed. The identical duo jumped up and down in excitement,screaming holding hands like they just saw a unicorn. I swear, it was the cutest thing I've ever witnessed.

"Awww," I cooed as I watched them feign themselves trying to slow their breathing.

"Calm down Luna! You're gonna scare her away," the other identical twin put her tiny hand at her heart dramatically.