CH 34: Pettiness & Meditation Gone Wrong

Listen to Help Me Out by Maroon 5 & Julia Michaels // Honey by Kehlani

Chapter 34

"Jayjay she didn't mean it, ease up," Morgan brought his hand up to calm her but she wouldn't have it, shooting him a questioning glare as to whether he really wanted to be undermining her.

"Yeah, it was an accident. You should really watch where you're going," Amber agreed swinging her now empty glass from her thumb. Her eyes gleaming with insincerity while fixated on the stain.

I knew I had to step in before Jay ripped her head apart. Without being biased, I felt like Amber did it intentionally.

Shooting Ian a helpful look, I knew he shared the same view.

"Amber, just apologize and let's leave it at that," Ian said with scrunched eyes trying to be the peacemaker.

"Why should I? Accidents happen! Get over it!" she shook her head letting out a short cynical laugh arguing back.

Since when was Amber such a diva?

Jay's mouth hung open before turning to Morgan waiting for him to say something. Stand up for her atleast.

"Unbelievable!" She threw her hands up when he just looked down in guilt clenching his jaw.

"Babe?" Amber cocked her head to the side placing her hand on her hip, eyeing Morgan skeptically.

"Don't be dramatic Jay, it was an honest mistake," he huffed out shrugging his left shoulder like it was nothing. His face emotionless.

Okay. What the hell was Amber doing to my loving brother and since when did he not care about Jay?

"Knowing you...was a mistake," she spat out her eyes full of anger and betrayal shaking her head at him in disappointment. Morgan's face looked shocked before he covered it up by looking down trying to appear unaffected. But I knew he was. And I knew what that look was. He was hurt inside. Totally crushed by her words.

What was happening to these two? I hope she didn't mean that.

Still holding her drink, she splashed it on Amber's dress, drenching her in it. The crowd gasped and the jocks made 'ooo' noises in their deepest voices. My mouth dropped open cause she'd never been this irrational. Even the guy playing the violin struck a wrong chord but continued playing a fast melody that added to the tense atmosphere.

"Oops. Accidents happen, you'll get over it," she quoted Amber tossing her a fake smile before shoving her way through the middle of the two of them. Placing her glass violently ontop of a waiters tray flaunting her curves and sashaying away like the psychotic badass best friend that I discovered her to be.

Amber looked lost for words, storming off in the other direction laying her hand up infront of her when Morgan tried to speak.

"Damn! That chick crazy. Teenagers," the dark waitress was gaping shaking her head like she'd never had a front row seat in witnessing high-school drama. Everyone soon scattered falling back into their cliques and groups.

Abbie stood from afar, smirking like she knew something I didn't. Catching my eye, she mouthed the words, "I tried to warn you." Was that what she wanted to tell me at school?