CH 42: Intruder Alert & Late Night Cuddles

Listen to Lanks by April (feat. Airling)// Naked by James Arthur

Chapter 42

The intruder entered, grabbing me by the waist, whilst I flung my arms, directly at their face trying to fight out of his hold.

Pulling down his hoodie, Ryder's concerned face was revealed. He calmed me down by pulling me into his warm embrace that I willingly fell into upon realizing it was him.

I stood butt naked with nothing but a towel covering my body. With a boy that I'd lied to and continously fought with yet he was here for me.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. They threatened me if I was to come see you again-" I sobbed incoherently into his shoulder.

"You're alright, thats all that matters... I would've beaten him to death if Ian wasn't there...and that mask he was wearing-" he started questioning.

"Can we not talk about it right now. I just wanna forget," I sniffled loudly as he cradled me.

He shushed me stroking my hair and kissing my forehead. We stood there for a couple of minutes. Him just holding me, not saying a thing. Just being there was all I needed.

"This reminds me of that time you tried to seduce me through your window," he chuckled deeply, I felt his chest vibrate. A memory of our second encounter during my bra strap disaster flashed through my mind making me cringe.

"And now I've nearly got you in your birthday suit," he tugged at my towel just to be a tease.

Gasping, I smacked his hand away. "Shut up," I giggled snuggling my face further into his protective arms.

I needed to be honest.

"Marcus is just a friend, he was comforting me when I found the mask in the art room...and there's nothing between Ian and I. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I whispered, hugging him tighter.

"Hey, hey...it's okay Taylor," he kissed the top of my head, stroking my hair.

Backing away, his gaze was still fixated on me as I made different sorts of faces still weeping and being unable to stop till I had seen it through. Yes, I was a huge cry baby.

"Don't watch me ugly cry. It's embarrassing," I sighed loudly, wiping at the tears trying to stop my lower lip from trembling.

"No." He took my hands in his, kissing my knuckles. "You throwing a paintbrush at me as a weapon....now that's embarrassing," he said with an awkward face that broke into an amused smile making his dimples poke out.

"It was the closest thing I could grab!" I argued back before letting out a chuckle.

I love how he always managed to instantly put me in a good mood just by saying the right words or by being his usual charismatic self. Making me forget even if it was just for a little while.

"Go get dressed. I'll still be here," he nodded at my wardrobe passing me a cute smile. I nodded reluctantly as his warm hands slid slowly off of my waist making me yearn for his touch again. Boy, he was becoming like an addiction that I craved for.

"Unless you want me to come help you?" He offered with a cheeky wink jumping onto my huge bed and making himself comfortable.

"Tempting but I can handle," I chuckled, closing the bathroom door after gathering my clothes feeling all giddy inside.

Ah! He was in my room...again! I had been through a hell of a night and was exhausted but at the same time, completely and undeniably nervous and excited.