CH 10: Healings & Hideouts

Listen to Unsteady by X Ambassadors
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Chapter 10

I was flustered to say the least. His quick reflexes allowed him to catch the glass before it shattered to the ground.

"What the hell Ryder? so what? Are you following me now?" I spat out cautiously distancing myself from him.

Shrugging his shoulders he gave me a quizzical look. "Don't flatter yourself Taylor."

Ignoring the fact that he practically insulted me I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you be humping Abbie at this hour?" I shot back.

"Shouldn't you be sober at this hour?" he asked handing back my glass ignoring my previous question.

"I'm legal now mum. So mind your own damn business," I sarcastically replied reaching out for it.

Our fingers slightly touched causing butterflies to burst within me. I took a long swig hoping the feelings would dissipate.

Really Shay? This is the devil. Get a grip of your hormones.

He continued to stare down as if I was some kind of unsolved puzzle making me squirm under the current awkward atmosphere and his intense gaze. "WHAT?" I gave him a serious look tilting my head to the side and placing my hand on my hips.

"Are you always this uptight?" he responded nonchalantly.

"Nope. Just around you," I said in a sarcastic tone facing away from him.

"This. Ms Taylor is exactly why you won't get laid cause you're such a hothead. So call me when you need help pulling that huge paintbrush out of your ass," he retorted stubbornly about to walk away.

Gasping inwardly. I grabbed his forearm making him face me. "You're one to talk. Picking fights with girls like the ass hat you are. Standing around all high and mighty when you literally just arrived."

"Does that make you mad? Do you wanna slap me again? Here go for my left cheek this time. C'mon hit me," he offered turning his face to the side giving me a great display of his beautifully structured jawline.

 C'mon hit me," he offered turning his face to the side giving me a great display of his beautifully structured jawline

"Chauvinistic pig," I muttered at his immaturity pushing his cheek away.

"Stuck up freak."

"Entitled narcissistic dick."

Feigning hurt he quickly shot back.
"Jackass."

"Why you.....son of a-------"

Just then Mrs Fusìon interrupted our heated conversation with a slight cough breaking our death stares towards each other.

"Just the two people I've been looking for! I see you've already...um..acquainted yourselves," she said perplexed.

"Mrs Fusìon. Please remove him. I believe he may be stalking me for whatever reason is still unknown," I glared at him.